Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Wellis to get

What Wellis to get

Hi I'm after a new pair of wellies but can't decide and I'm just wondering what you use. I was looking at hunter but then I seen Aigle Pacours 2 what look quite good, does anyone use them?
    I also have big calfs so was needing adjustable top. I could not decide on neoprene on normal either.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by stet View Post
    Hi I'm after a new pair of wellis but can't decide and I'm just wondering what you use. I was looking at hunter but then I seen Aigle Pacours 2 what look quite good, does anyone use them?
    I also have big calfs so was needing adjustable top. I could not decide on neoprene on normal either.

cheers
    Lots of good info on here

Quote Originally Posted by stet View Post
    Hi I'm after a new pair of wellies but can't decide and I'm just wondering what you use. I was looking at hunter but then I seen Aigle Pacours 2 what look quite good, does anyone use them?

cheers
    This will give you a good starting point...
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...lmoral-wellies
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    This will give you a good starting point...
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...lmoral-wellies
    And these are the wellies I.Farticus and I refer to in that thread: Toggi Wanderer Esprit Wellington Boots (Unisex) - Green | Uttings.co.uk
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    And these are the wellies I.Farticus and I refer to in that thread: Toggi Wanderer Esprit Wellington Boots (Unisex) - Green | Uttings.co.uk
    I too really like these as well as the one without the gusset. Lots of support, warm and your feet don't get sweaty. And £70 to £80 odd.

i had a pair of Kudus before which are almost identical. After 17 years they started to split around the rand. Still have, indeed they are down at my folks and still use them, but avoid the puddles.

Only criticism of the Toggies is the rubber compound on the sole is quite hard and when rocky sort of places they don't have a lot of grip. The kudus were better.

I switched to Arxus boots after a few people recommended them - have to say I am VERY impressed with them as they are how wellies were 10 odd years ago and not the crap that is around now !

if you don't need them to be posh the best I've got are dunlop purofort landmasters.
    about £45 a pair and are very light/ flexible and warm.
    I have used them daily for the last 12 years and I usually get about 5 yrs out of a pair.
    I have even stabbed a fork through one and the rubber is so soft it still sealed and didn't need repairing to be waterproof. I got another 3 years out of them.

I have a pair of Hunter Balmoral Neoprene and despite the many reported quality control issues they've done me well for two years of pretty much daily use training my dogs as well as stalking etc, and I don't exactly look after them.
    They have a small split appearing in the EVA foam near the heel which looks as if I've damaged them somehow rather than a wear and tear issue. So I've ordered a pair of Aigle Parcours 2 ISO from Amazon, cheapest around at £115.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

have the Harkila forester 5mm they were good but now they are run in buggers rub like a firestarters elbow