Deer Penis Injury

As this is my first ever post I thought I would make it an interesting one. Out on a DSC2 Stalk the other morning and shot a nice size fallow pricket. On inspection, the young lads old fella had a real manky tear in the sheath. Im gathering its probably an injury sustained from a barb wire fence? He also had a tick on his quite deformed nuts. Maybe a growth abnormality from the injury? Has anyone else come across something similar to this before?

FullSizeRender.jpg

Certainly a rather unique introductory post!:eek:
Looks painful!
Out of interest, how did you treat this discovery with regards to your DSC 2?
Welcome to the SD!
MS

Certainly a rather unique introductory post!:eek:
Looks painful!
Out of interest, how did you treat this discovery with regards to your DSC 2?
Welcome to the SD!
MS

Cheers :) Yes pretty sore indeed... First I gave the carcass a good check over and tried to establish if there was any serious visible infection from the wound. The pricket was a good weight for its age and didn't seem to have any abnormal behavior when i was watching it through the binos. I explained to my witness what I thought might of caused the injury and then told him how I was going to approach it. I cut a a decent distance around the penis first and removed it. cleaned my knife with alcohol wipes and changed my gloves. Carried out the rest of the gralloch with no further abnormalities. I recorded the incident on my on my tag and wrote it up in the ICR candidate narrative. Hopefully when it goes off to DMQ it'll be hunky dorey.

ill_buck.jpg

How about this for comparison from a few years back.

Bloody hell that looks like it was pretty serious. Doesn't look like it was fun getting rid of that. Do you think that was from a run in with barbed wire?

I shot a muntjac buck recently that just didn't have one. The urethra just went straight to the skin and it looked like urine just constantly dribbled out. The two veg were there and seemed fine. He was probably glad to be put out of his frustrating existence!

Poor bloke, he definitely wasn't passing on his gene pool. Thanks for the post. Seems like quite a few people are seeing this type of injury

Back