Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka M55 Super sporter .308

Tikka M55 Super sporter .308

As above, for sale my Tikka M55 super sporter in .308 Win. Barrel has been shortened to 20inches and recrowned. Thread is 18x1 with thread protector. Stock is fully adjustable i.e. cheekpiece, drop and cast to some degree. Forend rail with sling stud for bipod along with an accessory rail on the lhs for your sling with qd sling mount. Similar on butt with qd swivel. The stock is a very comfortable design and looks similar to a biathlon stock. Tikka aficionados will know it well.

Detachable mag with three (yes 3!) five round mags and these are like chickens dentures to find!

Metalwork in A1 nick and the bore is excellent.

Barrel is semi heavy and with a scope you'll be looking at an all up weight of around 12lbs.

The rifle shoots. Current load is a 190g speer that when I do my bit goes into .3
    Has also shot very well with the 175gr smk.

It's a hackneyed phrase but they don't make em like this anymore

The bad bit: the rifle will not be available till the 1st of June as I will be using it till then

Reason for sale: I have a new love in my life and I'm fickle

Price: 650 of your english pounds with all the magazines. A Jet Z moderator may also be available but a replacement is yet to be confirmed to me so I'll leave it as 'may' for the moment.

Regards

Gareth
    Last edited by zaitsev; 16-05-2010 at 16:27. Reason: piccy

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nice scope.....
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

It is indeed I've been able to take shots that I otherwise wouldn't have had. Awesome.

Regular Poster
    Hi Z. Is the scpoe in with it? , Is the bipod in with it?.I was wondering what the package is?.

Dry Powder.

Barry

Barry,

You will be very lucky! That scope is probably worth 1000+ on its own! If it came with a rifle with it at 650 I could bet it would go in minutes!

I am right in thinking is a S&B PM??

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Regular Poster
    Sam I can not id the scope, you obviously recognise it for what it is, i only wanted to know what was incuded.

Dry Powder.

Barry

Ps Just re-read the add and it dosnt say anything other than the rifle is for sale, i wanted to know what is in the package and how much the various bits are
    Last edited by barry thom; 20-05-2010 at 08:39.

Hi Barry, it's the rifle and magazines that are for sale. The scope bases (optilock, no rings) can go with it too. The bipod and scope are not for sale as they are to go on another rifle. Please pm me if you're interested for more details.

Sam: the scope is a PMII 3-12X50 mil/mil double turn, illuminated. Current new price is IRO 1800 quid. It would have to be prised from my cold dead fingers

Quote Originally Posted by zaitsev View Post
    Sam: the scope is a PMII 3-12X50 mil/mil double turn, illuminated. Current new price is IRO 1800 quid. It would have to be prised from my cold dead fingers
    Niice! Friend of mine has a Sako TRG in .338LM with a 5-25x56 (or someting like that) PMII sitting on top. He uses it for 500m foxes and milk bottles, in a very remote part of wales.

One day...

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    He uses it for 500m foxes
    Sam
    338LM passed for foxes, you normally can't get one pasted for large deer never mind foxes, who is his FLO it could set a precedence that would be useful for others.

ATB

Tahr

Bumped to top, price dropped and one less magazine. Now 550 folks. Any reasonable test or inspection (no dropping from planes though!)