Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the foecast drop in temperature get the foxs calling

Will the foecast drop in temperature get the foxs calling

Well further to my original post I haven't heard a fox call for months, not seen that many but its so wet down here its been v difficult to get about. I noted acouple of travelling foxs but not heard any calls. Other isssue is in that the grass is so long due to the mild weather is v difficult to locate them on our silage fields.

Whats the general feeling re above?

D

You should spend a night in London. Plenty of foxes making noises here at the moment.

Have heard someover the last few nights between rain showers, one came in to the foxpro within about 20 minutes of starting to call

Plenty calling round here, caught up with one last night feeding on a dead sheep, and again tonight had to pack in early as the mist came in, couldn't see a thing through the NV

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Finding that there is so much natural food around they are not to bothered about coming to my call at the moment,plenty to be seen but as I'm back using the lamp as my NV gear is away having a mod and a service done so not easy,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Have heard someover the last few nights between rain showers, one came in to the foxpro within about 20 minutes of starting to call
    Without wanting to hijack this thread what calls are you using at the moment please?

There are very few foxes calling around here at the moment - but then again, that might be because someone has shot most of them! I've called some in lately, but there doesn't appear to be any single track that works best. I mostly jump between fox mating sounds, rodent distress and chicken squawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    There are very few foxes calling around here at the moment - but then again, that might be because someone has shot most of them! I've called some in lately, but there doesn't appear to be any single track that works best. I mostly jump between fox mating sounds, rodent distress and chicken squawks.
    Thanks for that Paddy!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Been using the foxpro with the jack on it in open spaces both in the daytime and at night,

at at night it has a led on it that puts a small amount of light on the jack and boy does that work

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Can no one hand squeak and lamp anymore. Seems to just be a lot of gung ho,trigger happy eejits about these days with electronic calls and nv. I wonder what the next craze will be once foxes are shot out!!!