Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new rifle

new rifle

Hello all I have just picked up my new rifle a browning x bolt in 270 and I am going to use the atec moderator from my old 308 as it was just new on at the start of 2015, has anybody done this and does it work as well??? thought I would ask as I will not get to play until the weekend,cheers

I've got a .30 cal Jet-Z on a .243 and I don't think its that good at all. Others say say .30 cal on 6 mm is fine so don't waste your money buying another mod. You can only try for yourself and go by what your ears tell you. At least a .270 is a bit closer to 30 mm than the .243 is. I really need comparison with someone who's got the same mod in 6 mm. At least I have a .308 as well which needs a mod so if needs be I'll just have to buy another. Try it and see.

Hi finch yes that's why I thought I would ask as I don't know anybody to compare with and at worst you could always buy my mod??? cheers for reply

Ran a 30cal on my 6.5, worked fine. Think 270 will be the same. Atec won't be the best at moderation compared with a wildcat but should stop flip and recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by big ears View Post
    Ran a 30cal on my 6.5, worked fine. Think 270 will be the same. Atec won't be the best at moderation compared with a wildcat but should stop flip and recoil.
    it works well on the 308 but we will see thanks for replys

Quote Originally Posted by araon View Post
    Hello all I have just picked up my new rifle a browning x bolt in 270 and I am going to use the atec moderator from my old 308 as it was just new on at the start of 2015, has anybody done this and does it work as well??? thought I would ask as I will not get to play until the weekend,cheers
    Not used a modded one but I used one in NZ last year deer hunting. Very nice rifle and I really liked the bolt button feature.

Hi aaron,

I use a .30 cal jet z on my parker hale .270 and it works fine, never had atec so unable to comment on it but shouldn't be much different.

Scoby270

Hi Aaron, Welcome to the SD mate, GREAT choice of gun too...I recently bought a 270 Browning X Bolt Composite Stalker from a great chap on here, and love it...cant help on the Mod, as mine has the new lighter, shorter T8....good luck with yours tho...

Hi Araon.

I've used a 30 cal Atec Maxim on 22-250 barrel, seemed fine to me.
    cjs

hello araon, a 30cal mod would be the correct size for your 270. Providing the threads are the same,you did not say if your new rifle is already threaded. If it's an over the barrel the bush should be checked where it lines up on the barrel.The Atech works fine on my 243,light and adequate for stalking.