brass

mo

Hello, just a quick one to the experienced reloaders, I have just started out reloading 270win and wanted to know does it matter if the brass is from different batches? They are all norma but one box was a different batch and some of them have been mixed up.. any info would be great.

Mo

Mo, as long as you are on the same headstamp, I wouldn't worry about it, just treat / prep them all the same & shoot em!, unless you want to get anal & check case water volume & stuff like that?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
ahah ah noo i dont think i will be going that far at this stage!! Let me just get some reloaded and see if i can get them to go bang! on another note finbear, what 270 recipe works well for you? I was thinking of using nosler partitions...

My formula for my 270 is when Finbear 270 does not like the bullets he is using I buy them off him after he has pulled them I put 53grns of H4350 behind then make them the same length as Winchester factories and they shoot less than 1inch at 100yards. As you can tell I am not a technical re-loader.
Keith

It only takes a few mins so just weigh the brass and sort accordingly.
Even cases with the same batch number can vary quite a lot and weight is an excellent guide to consistant reloading pressure as it tends to sort cases easily into capacity ie those with thick brass and those with thin.
This is especially useful with makes like Prvi Partizan that tend to vary more than average.

Below is my .270 load using Norma brass. Target at 100yds, I have tweaked it over since firing the five shots.
HWH.
270loadforCGjpg-2.jpg

Back