Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renewal turnaround time.

Renewal turnaround time.

Does anybody know the turnaround time for renewals in Lancashire. Mine is up in June and I am thinking of sending it in really early.

Dont know the turnaround times but getting it in early can only help you, but keep your cert send in a photocopy, or you will be stuffed for ammo, unless you reload
    phone your FEO and ask him what is best, if you speak anyone other than FEO they will insist you send in your cert,,,,,as they dont have a clue
    Ray
    Last edited by Ray7756; 13-01-2016 at 22:44.

Lancashire are down on man power at the mo so it's taking a while get in early. As above keep hold of your cert.

Thanks for the replies, managed to speak to a very nice lady in the licencing dept today, very helpful. She said it is taking some time but if its straight forward they do try to get them through as quick as possible and they do appreciate it if you get it in to them as early as possible. So photos this weekend and in the post Monday morning Try to do my bit to make it as easy as possible for them.

By you sending yours in six months early and them having it completed by the renewal date, just helps them look as if there performing efficiently , when actually they are taking six months to carry out the task

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    By you sending yours in six months early and them having it completed by the renewal date, just helps them look as if there performing efficiently , when actually they are taking six months to carry out the task
    I'm hoping it won't take six months. I have done it before and had the new cert in the cabinet whilst still running on the old one. It makes no difference to me I will still have my cert so can still purchase ammo and use my guns. As long as I have my new cert before my current one runs out happy days If that helps them to perform efficiently then I'm ok with that.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Like Crow Man, I'd rather have my new certificates in my hand than prove a meaningless point about the service times.

I did this in my own case. I sent my forms in for renewal four months before expiry, exchanged some polite emails and phone calls with them one month before expiry, and received my new tickets two weeks before expiry.

Would I have received them quicker if I'd kicked up a fuss and started escalating things - possibly, but frankly who cares. I was always brought up to treat people the way I would expect to be treated myself.

Too often we seem to forget that the people handling the grant and renewals of certificates are really no different to us. They are just ordinary people doing a difficult job with increasingly limited resources. This is not to excuse poor service, but whilst spouting the finer points of legislation at them and complaining on public forums about their lack of knowledge and perceived poor service may make you feel better, don't be surprised if it ends up proving counter-productive.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

mine ran out in December ,still waiting .Ask if I could have a cover ticket ,said no need ,carry on as normal .
    good job I stock up .

Quote Originally Posted by tolley View Post
    mine ran out in December ,still waiting .Ask if I could have a cover ticket ,said no need ,carry on as normal .
    good job I stock up .

Nice - so the police have aided you to be in illegal possession of firearms.... and these guys are here to uphold the law!!

Quote Originally Posted by tolley View Post
    good job I stock up .
    And they have given you that in writing of course.Fine till something goes wrong ,will they admit to saying that.And even if they do you are still in illegal possession.Wonder what would happen if someone made a citizens arrest on you for illegal possession of firearms