what swarvoski scope

Scots_stalker

guys i am looking for a recommendation on a swaro scope , to be used primarily for stalking ,but can be dialed down for driven boar , oh and a red dot on the crosshair

brian

Ive got a Z6i 2.5-15x56 BT Gen-2 cant fault it, the dot brightness can be adj for day or night , also got a Leica of the same type can't fault it either. :)

Last edited:
I have a couple of Z6i 2.5-15x56 (Gen 1 and Gen 2) and they're both fantastic. I would have thought that would be the ideal choice for your application too.

Z6i 2nd Gen. 1.7-10x42 with the CDI reticle will be a good choice - it's what I'm looking at! I have the Z6i 1-6x24 as dedicated driven scope on the 9.3x62 Helix, but will be getting the above for the additional .308 barrel for stalking and as a back-up for driven.

I think it's a good idea to at least get down to near 1 x mag if you can as you want it for driven as well.

Last edited:
I've got a Z4i 2.5-10 x 56 with the illuminated reticule - really good for both disciplines and cheaper than the Z6i by a good way too - hope that helps

Or - get swing off's and go for a S&B 8x56 and an Aimpoint for combined money which'll be equivalent to the Swaro's?

I've got a March 1-10x24 which i bought for driven shooting and when I got it out in the field found that seeing the barrel at 1x mag was really distracting. Result was that I wound up the mag to just enough to not see the barrel which was about 2.5x. I like higher mag for target shooting but don't go higher than 10x for my stalking. As such I would have thought a 2.5-10 or 15 would cover everything you need.

I've got a March 1-10x24 which i bought for driven shooting and when I got it out in the field found that seeing the barrel at 1x mag was really distracting. Result was that I wound up the mag to just enough to not see the barrel which was about 2.5x. I like higher mag for target shooting but don't go higher than 10x for my stalking. As such I would have thought a 2.5-10 or 15 would cover everything you need.

How do you find the small objective, does it limit you much in actual use?

I have a 1.75-6x36mm through which I cannot see the barrel at the lowest power setting, but on my 1.5-6x42mm I can see the front sight until I turn it up to 2.5x. I think that if I have it down to 1.5x, it will be on moving boar in the forest, where I will not notice the blurry front sight behind the 4A reticle. I have two different brand 1.25-4x24 scopes where the barrel is not visible at all. And on the lowest setting, shooting with both eyes open with a #1 post or illuminated dot, these scopes are so natural.

A 2.5-10x42mm Swaro or any other good quality scope will handle any hunting situation - can't really call it a compromise. For really walking and stalking, especially on a light and balanced rifle, the compact Swarovski 3-9x36 is a good a scope as I have ever used.
In daylight, the pupils of your eye are only going to be 2.5 to 3.5mm, so you will be getting all the light you need, even in dark woods.

I like the information from the manufacturers and am interested in the 2.5-15 x 56 with ballistic turret but at this price of I would like to know if anyone knows of anything better!

I like the information from the manufacturers and am interested in the 2.5-15 x 56 with ballistic turret but at this price of I would like to know if anyone knows of anything better!

I looked and found there reely wasn't

The way it comes to the eye, the field of view, the crispness of the immage are all superb. The crowning glory is the colour dot ballistic turret I dont need my glases to use.

I owned two Zeiss a Devari and a Conquest and neither came close. The Zeiss I have looked at that were nice cost the same

You can get a 2.5 15 56 MK1 for below £1500 second hand. I got two and both came with the mega expensive Swaro lense covers.

Only down side with the MK1 is the switch for the red dot is not posative enough and can get knocked on in the bag.

Thers a cheep clip on cover you can buy to stop this and it makes it a non issue

If you want a cheeper Swaro? then the Z6i 2-12-50 would be my second choice. A1 condition can be got for sub £1300

I just sold one (replaced with the 2.5 15 56) for £1000 which I felt was "as new" but it wasn't the BT one

Only down side with the MK1 is the switch for the red dot is not posative enough and can get knocked on in the bag.

Thers a cheep clip on cover you can buy to stop this and it makes it a non issue

Even cheaper than cheap - if you speak to Swarovski, they'll send you one FOC. I did this and shared it on a thread yonks and others have done the same

i think the Z4i 2.5-10 x 56 is going to fit the bill

Good choice, that's the same specs, albeit it is an old Schmidt classic, that is on my German mates go to rifle which I have used successfully several times on both driven boar and from the highseat under the full moon.

Plenty enough mag for the hill as well although my preference on driven is an aimpoint.

Last edited:
i think the Z4i 2.5-10 x 56 is going to fit the bill

I've just picked up a secondhand .308 that has an older, Habicht 2.5-10x56 scope on top. Really looking forward to getting down behind this and see what it can do. The rife will be for hill and boar, and getting this scope already mounted was an absolutely Brucey Bonus!

I have a Leica Magnus 1.8x12x50 with ballistic turret and red dot which has adjustable brightness and a day and night setting
nice and compact scope for Boar, stalking and targets
I am very please with it so far,
they are doing some pretty good promotions at the moment...worth considering a look..

Cheers Tikka595

Hi,
Just bought Z6i 5-30x50 with ballistic turrets, I already own S&B and Zeiss scopes but they are not a patch on the Swarovski, I have it mounted on my .22 hornet, great in the evening, great on the lamp and great used with my NV add on, cannot recommended it highly enough, I also have a Swarovski 1.5-6x42 on my 30-06 SxS Heym and again the glass is perfect and to be honest is still enough zoom for most of my shooting needs, if only my wife was so easily convinced!

I looked and found there reely wasn't

The way it comes to the eye, the field of view, the crispness of the immage are all superb. The crowning glory is the colour dot ballistic turret I dont need my glases to use.

I owned two Zeiss a Devari and a Conquest and neither came close. The Zeiss I have looked at that were nice cost the same

You can get a 2.5 15 56 MK1 for below £1500 second hand. I got two and both came with the mega expensive Swaro lense covers.

If you want a cheeper Swaro? then the Z6i 2-12-50 would be my second choice. A1 condition can be got for sub £1300

I just sold one (replaced with the 2.5 15 56) for £1000 which I felt was "as new" but it wasn't the BT one

I got a a Z6i 2.5-15x42 this year (new) for £1400 from McLeods - why pay more?

My only gripe with it is, as said above, the switch for the reticle light switch almost always flips on when put into the slip or on the back seat or WHY and then flattens the battery. Where do I get these clips/covers?

I have used a Z6 1.7-10x42 for a number of years and shot hundreds of deer with it - the (Howa) rifle is battle scarred but the scope looks as new - and the whole thing is boringly accurate.

Last edited:
ALL - Speak to Swarovski as below, and they'll send you the Gen I covers to stop the IR coming on...
SWAROVSKI UK Ltd
Jo
Customer Service & Sales Administrator
Optiks
Unit 11 – Tarbot House
Perrywood Business Park
Honeycrock Lane
Salfords
Surrey
RH1 5FJ
01737 856812
info-uk@swarovskioptik.co.uk