Thread: Hummel Roe

Hummel Roe

I have heard of Hummel Red Stags many times, however I have never heard of a Hummel Roe .. is there such a beast or not? and if not why would such an animal exist in the Red Species and not other?
    I am assuming Hummels exist across the spectrum of Deer species would I be correct??
    Thanks
    Tony

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Don't know about hummel Roe but I do have in my collection a Roe buck that has just the bases left.
    This was not caused by injury. He was an older buck that was marking territory.
    Strange thing about that area was it also produced a 4pt antlered doe. Her antlers are about 5" long. She had twins at foot and was pregnant.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Now that is a strange one.!

The Buck that I shot had no antlers, very small testicles/genitals, he did not have ANY bases and yet he was a good weight and about 2/3 years old, no scaring on his legs, & in general really good condition

Mungo has a good recent picture of an antlered doe.

Have you any pics? I'd be very interested to see them as would Prof Jimmy Simpson too - also if you kept any tissue samples and the reproductive organs?

Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS View Post

The Buck that I shot had no antlers, very small testicles/genitals, he did not have ANY bases and yet he was a good weight and about 2/3 years old, no scaring on his legs, & in general really good condition

Regular Poster
    The "Buck" you shot may have been on the hermaphrodite spectram!
    We had a forest that produced some hermaphrodite's, they were on the female side and had fawns, which we were told by R Rose, senior, that they were fairly common on some grounds.

ATB Barry

Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS View Post

Sounds like the wife's brother!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TH4 View Post
    Sounds like the wife's brother!!!!