Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost binos

Lost binos

Hi

Short version. Put my binos on roof of car last night and drove off. Absolutely gutted. If anyone has or knows of a pair of any SWARO/LEICA/ZEISS in 10x42 that are for sale can you drop me a PM please.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Best wishes

David
    Last edited by David T; 15-01-2016 at 18:34.

Unbelievably I have found my bins half a mile away from where I was last night by the side of the road ! Lenses are okay but some damage to the focus knob so they're going back to Swarovski for repair and service. Cheaper than a new pair though !

Thanks to all who pm'd me or sent a text. Much appreciated.

David
    Last edited by David T; 15-01-2016 at 19:15.

Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Unbelievably I have found my bins half a mile away from where I was last night by the side of the road ! Lenses are okay but some damage to the focus knob so they're going back to Swarovski for repair and service. Cheaper than a new pair though !

Thanks to all who pm'd me or sent a text. Much appreciated.

David
    You lucky bug*er.
    I once had a pair of Steiner 7x50s fall out of my rucksack while I was walking back from a high seat in deep snow so no chance to find them and then 2 months later the farmer found them while he was ploughing and they were undamaged could not believe it at the time.
    Martin

Drove off from a farm in Lincolnshire with my iPad on the roof a couple of years ago. A couple of days later a pal happened to see it on the side of a dyke next to the road a mile away! Completely undamaged!!

Feel that I have dodged a bullet here ! Final cost for repair is only £121 !! Much better than the £1200 plus to replace them

I thought about you this week, as i was unloading my rifle i placed the empty magazine on the tail gate.
    I drove off, not sure what made me think but i stopped and checked my rifle, no mag!
    I drove off back the road not holding much hope (lost my knife the same way last year) and couldn't believe it, there in the middle of the road was my mag!
    Lucky or what?!
    Cheers
    Richard

That was lucky, well done you !

Unfortunately my unlucky streak is continuing. I drove into town to pick up our son from football last night and a deer ran out in front of me. Front bumper, foglight, headlight etc smashed and bonnet dented. Spent the morning dealing with insurance brokers/ insurance companies and body shop. They drive me nuts. Get my bins back in 2 -3 weeks though.

Too many deer in East Lothian ,, too many not being shot,, money men not shooting unless clients are there, no thought given to RTA`s etc etc etc etc !

Buggerance about the car though.