Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder delivery to home address

Powder delivery to home address

I believe the rules about having powder delivered have just changed. Does any one know what they are?

Only thing I'm aware of is the thieving gits at TNT are now charging 50 for firearms/powder deliveries. BASC have alternate carriers for trade members and of course you can always use Parcel Force 24 for firearms but they won't carry powders or ammunition.

World Options may be worth talking to though (according to David at BASC)

http://basc.org.uk/basc-trade/trade-member-benefits/
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

Thanks Phaedra
    I was just about to order some on line and clicked the "check with me about delivery" email button, the retailer came back and told be the rules were changed last week and suppliers were uncertain as to when/ how/ they were going to dispatch it.

Interesting to see your another.260 rem owner.

Some seem to think that while TNT are quoting "extra security" as the reason for the massive price hike (18 to 50) the real reason may be their take over by Fed-Ex who won't ship firearms or ammunition/powders.

I love the 260 Rem and have just bought another 6.5, the Ruger Precision Rifle, unfortunately I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, my clubs first range date is in February and it's a weekend I'm in Amsterdam visting my eldest for his birthday.
    Last edited by phaedra; 17-01-2016 at 10:22.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Some seem to think that while TNT are quoting "extra security" as the reason for the massive price hike (18 to 50) the real reason may be their take over by Fed-Ex who won't ship firearms or ammunition/powders.

I love the 260 Rem and have just bought another 6.5, the Ruger Precision Rifle, unfortunately I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, my clubs first range date is in February and it's a weekend I'm in Amsterdam visting my eldest for his birthday.
    You can always guest with mine on the 24th Jan.
    Iain

That's very kind of you Iain, I did look on your website but didn't see any dates. I assume it's 1pm start on B range?

WTF, Why don't you give James a call at Blue Fox Glade, he has a big range of powders and alternatively he will get most things. They are based in central Devon so not too far and gold mine of a place to visit.

D

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    you need an RCA to receive powder surely?

HSE Explosives - Frequently asked questions
    Is powder classed as an explosive?

No it is a propellant.