Thread: Kennel cabins sensible price.

Kennel cabins sensible price.

Looking for a kennel cabin/fox box/sleeping box type thing, it's for 1/2 terriers, I've looked about but they seem expensive for what they are. Does anyone know where I could get one at sensible money?

No idea what these cost but these guys have had great reviews on here for their kennels.

KM Dog Trailers - Dog Cabins

I would be interested in what they cost. Look great.

Blue plastic oil drum on its side with some of one end cut out? Bet you can't beat that for money?

Quote Originally Posted by rarms View Post
    Blue plastic oil drum on its side with some of one end cut out? Bet you can't beat that for money?

I have a load of those plastic barrels in my barn that i use for my boar feeders. I was thinking about other uses for them and one thought was as in your pic. I would fit a wooden slatted floor in the drum and drill drain holes in the bottom to let out any water that got in. If you had a spare drum you could cut out a piece to make a sun, rain shade over the opening

Quote Originally Posted by rarms View Post

Thanks, but I had them about 18 years ago, the condensation was terrible! It condensed and pooled in the bottom.

I just make my own out of some ext or marine ply.

Either copy sizes from a makers site or design it to get most from a 8x4 sheet. i think, Usually takes 2 plus a thinner sheet, i insulate mine so have a thin 2-3mm ply on inside. My dogs seem quite happy in them

Not sure wot size mine are but usually 4-6" narrower than 4ft so u have plenty overhang on roof (2-3" each side). My boxes just sit out in covered runs. My oldest box could be 10+ years old and still looking ok.
    I leave the roofs flat so dogs can jump up and sleep on them, my springer hardly sleeps inside the box unless very cold or wet/windy