Kennel cabins sensible price.

Dawnrazor

Looking for a kennel cabin/fox box/sleeping box type thing, it's for 1/2 terriers, I've looked about but they seem expensive for what they are. Does anyone know where I could get one at sensible money?

Blue plastic oil drum on its side with some of one end cut out? Bet you can't beat that for money?

diy-dog-house-from-plastic-barrel.png

Blue plastic oil drum on its side with some of one end cut out? Bet you can't beat that for money?

diy-dog-house-from-plastic-barrel.png

I have a load of those plastic barrels in my barn that i use for my boar feeders. I was thinking about other uses for them and one thought was as in your pic. I would fit a wooden slatted floor in the drum and drill drain holes in the bottom to let out any water that got in. If you had a spare drum you could cut out a piece to make a sun, rain shade over the opening

I just make my own out of some ext or marine ply.

Either copy sizes from a makers site or design it to get most from a 8x4 sheet. i think, Usually takes 2 plus a thinner sheet, i insulate mine so have a thin 2-3mm ply on inside. My dogs seem quite happy in them

Not sure wot size mine are but usually 4-6" narrower than 4ft so u have plenty overhang on roof (2-3" each side). My boxes just sit out in covered runs. My oldest box could be 10+ years old and still looking ok.
I leave the roofs flat so dogs can jump up and sleep on them, my springer hardly sleeps inside the box unless very cold or wet/windy

Back