Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope Sugestions

Scope Sugestions

Hi all
    I was in the market for a Vortex diamondback hp 4-16x42 for my 243 but they seem impossible to get hold of at the moment.

So ..... I have a buget of 325 for a Scope.

It will be my "do all" scope,. from shooting the occaisional deer to fox to plinking/range work.

I would like the scope to have a BDC of some sort and at least 12x magnification for the longer range work. ( I do like the BDC on my othr Diamondback)

I am not impressed by the Hawke range, I have a 3-10 varmint that I regret buying.

Any suggestions

Eddie
    Last edited by EDCM; 18-01-2016 at 00:18.

I have a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 and really like it. But I have been using Burris scopes for a long time, and think you should look at the Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 AO with the original BDC copied by Vortex. For a little more money, there is the etched E1 reticle with windage offsets.

meopta meopro range,bdc rets,have a look at euroOptic,thinking about one myself

Used Leupold VX3 with LR ret. Something like the 4.5-14 x50 makes a good do it all scope. Used prices vary between 400 and 500 at the minute but worth stretching the extra over a budget scope. Transferable lifetime warranty as far as I'm aware too.

I have just posted this up, i think it is exactly what you are looking for.
    For Sale: Minox ZA5 3-15 X 50 SF BDC New in box 1''
    Cheers
    Richard

Hi Richard

You could be right! If you still have it at the end of the month I will probably contact you.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by EDCM View Post
    Hi Richard

You could be right! If you still have it at the end of the month I will probably contact you.

Eddie
    No problem, no rush on my part.

Cheers

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by EDCM View Post
    Hi all
    I was in the market for a Vortex diamondback hp 4-16x42 for my 243 but they seem impossible to get hold of at the moment.

So ..... I have a buget of 325 for a Scope.

It will be my "do all" scope,. from shooting the occaisional deer to fox to plinking/range work.

I would like the scope to have a BDC of some sort and at least 12x magnification for the longer range work. ( I do like the BDC on my othr Diamondback)

I am not impressed by the Hawke range, I have a 3-10 varmint that I regret buying.

Any suggestions

Eddie
    I was looking around for a scope in the same category. I like the Vortex (got a razor on my 30-06) but as you say the diamondback aren't that easy to come by. A couple of friends have Meopta and swear by them if you're not going up to the top end zeiss/swaro etc. A bit of research on the net throws up some good reviews for the meopro range so I'm looking down the route of the 4-12x50. seems like you can get it for around 390 from Optics-Trade in Europe, not dealt with them before but have a look here
    Meopta MeoPro 4-12x50 - Optics-trade

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    I have just posted this up, i think it is exactly what you are looking for.
    For Sale: Minox ZA5 3-15 X 50 SF BDC New in box 1''
    Cheers
    Richard
    NO, NO and again NO. I had one, when you used the side focus the crosshairs moved. Went back twice. Then replaced foc for a ZE 3-15x50. A much better scope. ZE range made in Germany ZA assembled in USA by half trained chimps��