Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First roe buck thanks malcolm/sandra/todd

First roe buck thanks malcolm/sandra/todd

Went stalking with malcolm(sikamalc) off the site, arrived at the cottage on friday night to a warm welcome from malcolm, sandra, and todd.
    Went out saturday morning for the first stalk we saw penty of does but no bucks.
    retuned to the cottage for a lovely breakfast ,we then past some time(gunshop) before the evening stalk.
    Evening stalk upon us we tryed a different wood we saw 2 fallow prickets, but no roe bucks so malc took us back to the land we had stalked in the morning.
    walked around with no joy until about 45 mins before the light went ,sandra was one side of the railway track and me and malc was the other we got a call off sandra to say she had spotted a buck on her side(well done and thanks)we headed over the track to the other side to find a buck on the edge of the hedgerow about 120ish away, malc said shoot so up on the sticks and bang, bullet connected but little far back it ran about 40 yards or so into the woods closely followed by todd (dog,bloody good one)he rounded the deer , i waited for malc to call todd and i finished the job with a heart shot.
    Went to inspect the buck and found it was a excellent 6 pointer i was over the moon this is only the third days stalking ive been on a what a buck for your first.
    Malc then kindly took me through the gralloching process.
    A massive thankyou to malc / sandra/todd for making me feel like we where old time friends.
    Also a big thankyou to steve(bordersman) who was also stalking and is going to try to post some pictures of the buck up for me.
    Highly recommended setup, many thanks
    ATB
    Dave
    Last edited by 223; 16-05-2010 at 22:04.

Congrats Dave on your buck

Talking to malc earlier ive heard its possibly a medal head so im sure the pickies are going to show a very broad smile..

Some great company you were in there mate, i was out with Steve when he got his first fallow

Glad you all had a great weekend

ATB

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Excellent, you will always remember your first Buck.

Dalkur.

Hi Dave,

Glad you got home safely. Plenty of Roe showing but the bucks are keeping a low profile at the moment, and even the doe's are keeping well into cover.

That is a nice Buck you shot, should take Bronze and although I am not taking that many large bucks I thought you deserved it. Good stalking with you, enjoyed your company and look forward to seeing you back in November for the Fallow and Roe doe's.

Take care, speak soon.

ATB

Sikamalc

well done dave on your first roe buck, im really pleased for you mate.hopefully i may just get my first buck in 2 weeks. catch up with you one of these days

Good to meet you Dave here he is

and another ATB Steve

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    That's a lovely buck - what a cracker for your first.

Kudos to all for a great stalk, a great write-up and another fine example of why this site is so good.

willie_gunn

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and a massive thankyou to steve for posting the pictures up, ta mate.

ATB
    Dave

sorry steve just worked out how to get pictures on the site well kind of wrong way up

Attachment 1088
    ATB
    Dave