Thread: New toy

New toy

Just placed an order for a Browning X Bolt in .270 and an ASE Ultra SL5 Mod. Counting the days as it wings it's way to the RFD

http://browning.eu/products/rifles/b...STSFFLUTTHRSM/

Very nice. Hope you enjoy it. What ammunition/loads do you plan to use? Scope?

Will be trying a variety of factory 130G loads to find what the rifle likes best. Have a Meopta Meopro 6-18 x 50 that I picked up secondhand on SD a wee while ago.

Lucky man - great setup.

I don't use factory ammo. Have only tried a box of the PPU 130gr once at the range - got roughly 1" groups and 2870fps if that's of any use to you.

Am using some very fast handloaded 110gr copper bullets in my tikka T3 .

Cracking stuff - hope you have fun. Problem is every time someone posts 'new toy' all I hear for the next week is Lene Lovitch................1981!!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadwasp View Post
    Cracking stuff - hope you have fun. Problem is every time someone posts 'new toy' all I hear for the next week is Lene Lovitch................1981!!
    Wow! There's a blast from the past. Apparently "New Toy" was written by Thomas Dolby.....another name I hadn't heard for a while. She blinded me with science.......
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

" and failed me in biology"

I think Dolby's sister went to a school run by Magnus Pike's wife - hence the link. There's trivia for you! And Dolby's bass guitarist is a successful human rights lawyer. Sometimes 'I scare myself' ha ha.

Hiya, You wont go wrong with the Browning X bolt, I bought a composite stalker off here not long ago, and it's rapidly becoming my "go to " gun. Mine is a 270 as well, with the newer T8, lighter and shorter, plus it came with a Leupold VX3 6.5-20x50 scope...which is everything I expected of a Leupold...I can see my Remy 700 243 becoming redundant in the not too distant future....

I just started loading for it, with 130gr Speer Hot Cor HCSP, and Reloader 22, 61gr... Not really done any proper firing yet , what with the weather, but that load was recommended by the guys in Grahams of Inverness...

Enjoy your new gun...

BTW, I have two Meoptas, and love them....got a 7x50 and a 3-9x42...both are excellent scopes...
    Last edited by Norrie1956; 24-01-2016 at 00:04. Reason: More info.