Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New model Ford Ranger MPG?

New model Ford Ranger MPG?

Does anyone have any practical experience of the MPGs of one of the recent model Ford Rangers? It would probably be the 2.2l 150PS engine I'd be interested in.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

.mines needed a new engine after 82 000 miles if that helps..

Got to be the oogliest vehicle on Britains roads today.

Isle of mull must have been a winner for the sales guy as the entire island farming community seems to freeze driving them!

Biggest selling vehicle in NZ, ( mainly parked on grass verges or towing boats) the new mitzy is better on fuel and warranty.

Pierred used to have the 2.2 and now has the bigger engine version, flick him a pm and I'm sure he'll answer and questions you have
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

I get around 475 miles to the full tank . Don't know what that equates to in mpg

I have now a Tata Xenon bought for half the Fords price and am quite surprised as it runs very well, it has double overhead camshafts with 4 valves per cylinder on an alloy block so it cannot get any more modern than that as the top of the ranges technology runs out of steam after adding all that kit.
    MPG seems much lower than on my Hyundai Terracan was but as diesel is falling like a stone in price presently 0.90 cents euro here in Slovakia (UK price was still higher when I visited over the weekend, greedy dealers????) mpg on a vehicle is not really an issue any more (I see that the Americans are going back up to big gas guzzlers again)
    Martin

Thanks folks, that has been useful.

I love my X-Trail and might just keep it but recently I've been taking a little look around at a pick up type solution. I'd guess I do more driving off road than the vast majority of people, probably 1000 miles per year, and the X-Trail copes much better than I'd imagine plus is great for the on road driving. However, should I decide to replace it then the new shape X-Trail is sod all use to anyone so a little bit of investigating seemed in order.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

They got one at work last year, not sure what engine. It replaced a 3.0 Hilux, apparently the fuel consumption is a fair bit worse than the Toyota.

I'll see if I can find out the actual MPG as they monitor the fuel usage.