Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A big thanks to James Clark at Jäger Rifles

A big thanks to James Clark at Jäger Rifles

I'd just like to say a huge thank you to James Clark owner of Jäger Rifle builders.
    for some time now I've not been happy with the rifle I had built by another rifle builder.
    The mod would never stay tight on the rifle and although it would group ok it would always through one or two flyers. I got various other people to shoot it and it would always do the same. I tried various different loads to no avail.
    so today I took it over to James he had a good look and measure up and the thread had been cut a tad lose and slightly off centre.
    with no effort at all he had it stripped down and in the lathe he cut a new thread centred this time and re crowned it.
    The results were brilliant I fired three five shot groups they were all the same with no flyers at all.
    shot with sako 75 .270
    100mts the bull is a 1.5cm square

Thanks James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Looks like you can now have confidence in that. Hope you get to use it soon.

Great group.

Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Looks like you can now have confidence in that. Hope you get to use it soon.
    I've just used it and nailed a fox with it. I'm off to Scotland weekend after next for a week on the hinds hence my excitement that James has sorted it out.

Nice one mate, all I hear is good things about James, and awesome shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by 20-250 View Post
    Nice shooting. What's the load?
    Cheers. I'm using Norma brass 130gr Sierra gamekings and 58gr N160 powder I've worked up to this load as it's top end it works well in my rifle. I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone to start off with that load work up to it.

That boy knows his stuff all right , confidence in the build translates into knowing if you cock up its down to you nice shooting mty

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    That boy knows his stuff all right , confidence in the build translates into knowing if you cock up its down to you nice shooting mty
    Definitely Mate I was surprised to see how far out it was Thanks to James I'm ready for Scotland.