Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&bender

S&bender

Gents , I have been looking at the Schmidt and bender web site , apparently you can change a reticle if the scope number is over 10000 , is there any body ever done this and if so how much did they charge? I would like to change my S&bender to an IR

Bet it's cheaper to sell and buy if their labour charges are anything to go by!

i paid 300 labour to replace a non IR ret and that's with them paying for parts

imagine the parts would be at least a few hundred quid on top

did you get a quote?

I have been in conversation with them about changing the standard A4 reticle in a 6x42 to a fine reticle & they were happy to help. They wouldn't give a price as it had to go through a dealer/agent & they would have to advise re. the price. I was also told that they couldn't convert the 6x42 to IR.

They are very good at responding to e-mails & forwarding them to the correct department & seem comfortable conversing in English.

info@schmidt-bender.de

Good luck & let me know how you get on.

Interesting about having to go through a dealer. I was told I would have to send my PM11 myself. Schmidt no longer have a UK distributor and service the UK retail outlets from Germany.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

send it direct pay in Euro's

sending mine through a dealer was a mistake.
    not only did it take longer it cost me at least 20% when they paid S&B and I had to pay them in Sterling with VAT!!

they will take it direct

Cheers guys I will find out a price and let you know the outcome

I believe it's around the €140 mark for a standard reticule....

By standard I mean any of their reticules, non illuminated.

Quote Originally Posted by jewfish View Post
    Gents , I have been looking at the Schmidt and bender web site , apparently you can change a reticle if the scope number is over 10000 , is there any body ever done this and if so how much did they charge? I would like to change my S&bender to an IR
    3 years ago I was quoted 703 + vat and postage to change to an IR reticle from the Schmidt and bender factory. I can't imagine that this has reduced any in price since. It would be far cheaper selling yours and buying an IR scope.

Scotty , that's a lot of money, was that through a agent over here to deal with it? Or direct