Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices.

Gas prices.

Why is it my gas costs the same now as it was when oil was four times the price but it historically went up as it was "tied to the price of oil"?
    My rented house came with a prepay key type meter and it robs the credit by 26p every day even with the heating off.
    Central Scotland is floating on methane but the fracking is being delayed, get drilling i say?

26p per day is the charge for the servicing of the complete system that brings the gas to your home tough I know but nowt is given free these days except maybe our advice.
    Diesel paid today 90 cents Euro a litre in supermarket in Bratislava. UK oil companies will never take their whizzers out of UK customers nether reigions until the law changes.
    Firewood went up to reflect rising oil prices about 4 years ago and no wood logs dealer I know in Germany will accept now that they will need to lower their prices to match the oil price drop.
    Martin

that's because small log dealers work hard for there money sold for £3.50 a large bag and hiked up by the retail outlets to £6.50

thats wat u call rip of britain

All energy prices are supposed to be coming down shortly ,as the cost to supply as decreased the bills didnt follow but offcom warned the suppliers now to sort themselves out as the gas only accounts for upto 50% of the bill,
    DONT START

Anyone holding their breath may find they turn blue b4 the robbing scrotes lower the price.$28 dollars a tin,mmm how can it still be .99p a litre when it was $49 a tin when the price at the pump was 99p .Someone,s extracting the urine again
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    Anyone holding their breath may find they turn blue b4 the robbing scrotes lower the price.$28 dollars a tin,mmm how can it still be .99p a litre when it was $49 a tin when the price at the pump was 99p .Someone,s extracting the urine again
    Whilst I agree that the price should have come down, remember that the vast majority of the price of a litre of fuel is tax. From memory, it's well over 80% that goes straight to the treasury.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Central Scotland is floating on methane but the fracking is being delayed, get drilling i say?
    Be careful what you wish for. The UK is connected to the continent by a large gas pipe, so any cheap gas can be sold abroad as well as to the domestic market. The only benefits that the locals will see from fracked gas are more jobs and more tax going to the treasury. It's pretty unlikely that gas prices would come down locally, gas will continue to be sold at wholesale prices.
    I'm pretty dubious about some of the claims that the green lobby make against fracked gas production. All hydrocarbon production comes with a small degree of risk (if it is policed properly that risk should be very small). The fact that fracking is going on should make no difference at all - as long as the water and additives that are used in the fracking process are disposed of properly. But the pro's and con's of fracked production are a completely different subject.

Someone stated on the news the other day when talking about road fuel (petrol) that even if it was $1 a barrel we would still be paying upwards of 80p litre as that would be the tax.

Is tax only charged at a percentage of the wholesale fuel price? so the lower the wholesale price then by logic Osbourne cannot demand his old cut.
    Martin