Thread: scope wanted soon

scope wanted soon

Hello all i am at the moment raising funds for a new (2nd hand) scope. probably be there at the end of june or earlier. I am looking for a swarovski, Doctor, S&B, Meopta etc etc etc. I would prefer a 8x56 but my funds may only allow a 6x42. Preferably (although not ideal) a 1" tube so i dont have to change my rings (more cost)If you are thinking of selling something along these lines please let me know cheers

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    http://z6.invisionfree.com/UK_Long_R...showtopic=1654

Need to be quick though Swarovski 6x42 on a 1" tube. You need to be a member to see posts also.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

A friend of mine is selling an 8.5 x 56 Doctor. PM me and I will pass his number onto you. For Info :- He is based in Derbyshire.

Regards

Sako

Hi just joined the forum.
    Last edited by JAYB; 20-05-2010 at 07:37. Reason: Advert taken out

mark-joppa

you will see that I have removed your advert. Your first post is supposed to be an introduction, all about you, not an offer to sell kit. You require 10 posts before you can advertise in the classifieds. That way it stops the forum becoming a shop window for people who just want to sell and have no interest in joining the site for the right reasons.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Mosa , if you look on that well know auction site there is a 8x45 Pecar Berlin scope. Pecar went out of business some time ago but their glass is right up there with S&B or Swarvo . I would say a fair price for that scope would be 120-140 , others on here may confirm this

I have a Pecar 4.5-10x45 as well as S&B & Swarvo and for the price it would be worth considering if you are on a budget & it is a 1" tube , a word of warning some are 26mm.
    Bob

RE scope

I went to the scotarms auction last week and there was a Pecar listed with a non central vertical post reticule which I reckoned was faulty when I looked through the sight.
    Now on fleaboy there is a scope with a fault. Makes you wonde donnit?
    That one at Scotarms went for well over 100 poonds.
    D"ont touch faulty goods they cost too much to get repaired.
    Martin

Pecar are indeed excellent scopes. I have one which is a 4-10 x 56 and has butler creek covers, and 26mm Leupold STD rings (but not the bases). It has an interchangeable reticle, currently No.2 reticle fitted which is a tapered post and rail. I could do with shifting it to fund another purchase if interested? I'd be looking for 300 posted though. One went on evilbay a while back without covers and rings for about 350 but I can't be bothered with the hassle of listing it!
    Regards, MS.
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 20-05-2010 at 15:59.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    mark-joppa

you will see that I have removed your advert. Your first post is supposed to be an introduction, all about you, not an offer to sell kit. You require 10 posts before you can advertise in the classifieds. That way it stops the forum becoming a shop window for people who just want to sell and have no interest in joining the site for the right reasons.

John
    True i registered yesterday.I was only responding to a advert.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    ...One went on evilbay a while back without covers and rings for about 350 but I can't be bothered with the hassle of listing it!...
    Usurious selling charges too, when one adds to final value and listing fees what PayPal costs. 380 sale = 59 in fees, or thereabouts, I seem to remember from my last excursion.
    KevinF -