Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The way people talk these days - esp news items

The way people talk these days - esp news items

I may be just getting grumpy but I seriously dislike the current way of apparently raising a question at the end of each sentence - started in Aus. I also cannot abide the sing-songy way that Americans, particularly women, talk about everyday items.
    I admit I am one of life's extended sentence people, love the intellect in precision and that Victorian way of speaking. I also value the British understatement and hate emotional rants - maybe I should emigrate to France - do they have deer over there ?

No, no deer in France at all. Also full of young people with their funny trousers, and hippety hoppety music, funny ideas and poor spelling.
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    No, no deer in France at all. Also full of young people with their funny trousers, and hippety hoppety music, funny ideas and poor spelling.
    It's full of french people too.......
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    I also value the British understatement and hate emotional rants - maybe I should emigrate to France
    They definitely do emotional rants over there too!

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    They definitely do emotional rants over there too!
    But if you don't speak French you will not know if they are ranting of not ........... Just a thought plus in the EU superstate not being able to speak the countries language is no longer an issue.

SD Regular
    Emigrate to France? You find the way Australians speak annoying? So you prefer the Victorian way of speaking? Like they do in Melbourne in Victoria then? Or Queen Victoria?

My son lives in South Yarra, Melbourne, Victoria. he hates the way they do it too! Every sentence becomes a question! Imagine my son...he gets it everyday! Anyway here's Rex.....

Thanks all love the sympathetic understanding without the sym or understanding.

Here is the news, And this is Alvar Lidel reading it.https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...Vc_vyaxnPhFKzw
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Y'am luckay, oi used to work in the Black Countray. Cor understand a word theym sayin, it doe matter ow ord y'am troyin.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Yam orrite arr kid ,is there a B N Q in DUdderly ,nah but there,s 2 D,s .Sorry couldnt resist
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed