Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kennel Recommendations....

Kennel Recommendations....

I am in the market for a new kennel and run suitable for a Lab.
    Any recommendations?
    I like the idea of a non timber kennel and have seen that Mitton Hall are highly praised but I can't find much information on them online.

K&m engineering
    Can't praise them enough !
    Good gear , good prices great service

OK, so this is timber but I bought a Oakridge 8x4 for my lab 18 months ago and I would highly recommend. They deliver and erect anywhere in the country

http://www.duchyfarmkennels.co.uk/pr...ist.php?id=553

Do you guys recommend a concrete base?
    It's going to be no where near the main drains so will need to run off to a soak away, any tips in that respect?

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    OK, so this is timber but I bought a Oakridge 8x4 for my lab 18 months ago and I would highly recommend. They deliver and erect anywhere in the country

wouldn't touch duchy poor quality and build very poor service indeed and they know as I told them several times spend a bit more and save the hassle norma

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post

Just had a quick look. Prices seem ridiculous for multi block kennels. Over 5K by the time you add extras. It is basically an insulated timber ship lap shed with a galvanised steel enclosure. You could build some kennel for 5K.

Which model did you go for?
    Is there a reason why the lower sections of their runs are wooden as opposed to rails full length?
    Doesnt this cause problems further down the line due to damp from hoseing down the run?

Several manufacturers offer raft bases with wipeable floor coverings. Should I just bite the bullet and lay a concrete base?

Concrete is the way to go, far easier if going to be permanent where ur siting it.
    Just make sure a bit of fall.

I had a kennel built on slabs for a few years not ideal but did work fine at the time but concrete is far better.

Personally i wouldn't bother with any fancy coverings on the concrete, all the folk i know with them say they wear of fairly quick, never known concrete to stink anyway, i also wouldnae buy a timber kennel for that reason, for the money there talking u could build a cracking block shed/kennel. Nice diy job as nothing to complicated.

Mitton Hall do all steel kennels but not cheap