Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CWD teeth

CWD teeth

i have shot a few good CWD this season but one last week i think was a gold medal buck .i have saved the upper jaw were can i find out how to measure the teeth or do i get someone to do it for me .

have a search on the net for the cic blue and red books ( i remember looking a long time ago and i found them) one will tell you how to measure a head and from memmory one will give you the key as to what your points that your added up equate to but obviously to make it offical you would have to get somone certified to do it for you and if its anything like measuring a roe head forget it and just take it to somone

hi find roe heads very easy to measure

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    have a search on the net for the cic blue and red books ( i remember looking a long time ago and i found them) one will tell you how to measure a head and from memmory one will give you the key as to what your points that your added up equate to
    I believe when CIC published their new handbook in 2014 they removed access to anyone not entitled to use it. Certainly the old links to the red and blue books that I had bookmarked no longer work.

So the easiest way may be to contact CICUK (CIC UNITED KINGDOM PERMANENT NATIONAL TROPHY COMMISSION) or BASC's measuring service.
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 24-01-2016 at 20:41.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by steve w View Post
    i have shot a few good CWD this season but one last week i think was a gold medal buck .i have saved the upper jaw were can i find out how to measure the teeth or do i get someone to do it for me .
    Steve

If your buck is the same as or similar to, or, even a little smaller as you suggest to the one in my post ( old habits die hard ) then yours should be a GOLD

ATB and well done

Bob

i am contact with the cic and am send them the tusks next week went i am off shift and have more time to sort them out .

i have the results of the tusks one gold one sliver .i am very happy

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Well done!

I'm intrigued, though, as what does that make the trophy? I presume a silver?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Steve

Don`t understand, can`t see how they can be judged differently with only half a score to go on ????????????????

you should have been given a certificate with the measurements on

this was the format and the measurements of mine from BASC

Length Circumference

Left Canine..................90.0mm.................... ..................................29mm..................................= 120mm

Right Canine ...............88.0mm .................................................. .......
    28.0mm ..........................= 116.0mm

Combined total
    .................................................. .................................................. ....................=235.0mm

Difference total......... 2mm .................................................. .... 1mm ...................................... = 3mm

Subtract difference total from combined total .................................................. ........................= 3mm

Final Score
    .................................................. .................................................. ...........................= 232mm

Bronze = 170 Silver = 190 Gold = 210

Last edited by bobg757; 05-02-2016 at 22:57.

sorry for not being clear .I sent off two sets of tusks they came in at gold 232 silver 208 my certs are in the post along with my medals i just need to work out how to mount them both when i get them back.