Another binos recommendation request

Gonga

I've managed to save some money for my first set of binos, I've got a budget of £400, I've been looking out for secondhand in that price range but so far nothing found. Can anyone recommend any suitable for mainly woodland stalking.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Save yourself over £200 and get some Minox BV 8x42 !
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Minox-62028...18&sr=8-2&keywords=minox+8+42#customerReviews
They are unbelievably good value for money! They are small and compact too which is ideal for woodland. Don't go above x8 Mag whatever you get as you need the light gathering and width of view. I almost sold my best bins when I got the minox as a spare pair whilst they were away for repair, but I am a 'Swaro Tart' and just had to keep them!:D
MS

Kent wool growers. Ashford kent

i was in there Saturday and they had some very very good Steiner Binos on a discount around what you want to spend.

i got a pair of 8x 32 Leupold gold ring range for 2/3 rds of the best price around in there when I sent my swaros away for a service and I use them more than the swaros for woodland stalking, no shakes in the wind and clear as a bell. Worth a look

Like MS, I'm a Swaro tart but also have these in 8x52 for spare/taking mates out!

I'd be a Swaro tart if I had the money - and was maybe better looking? As it is I'm happy to be a Minox slag ... can't fault them for the money and most previous threads on the topic simply confirm it.

I'd be a Swaro tart if I had the money - and was maybe better looking? As it is I'm happy to be a Minox slag ... can't fault them for the money and most previous threads on the topic simply confirm it.

The glass is the same (Schott) as Leica. Superb kit and boxing way above their weight... I know the UK Sales Director and there should be even more kit coming out over the coming year with the Blaser/Sauer/Mauser etc tie up via the joint parent company - L&O Holding

I've got to put in another vote for Minox as they punch well above their weight. In saying that I think a few others are now playing catchup with them. You will never need any better than Minox for stalking and, as Monkey Spanker points out, you will not need anything more than their 8X42BV binos to do your job. That would save you a few quid for a day out at deer and you'll shoot more deer going stalking than you will buying binos.

On the other hand if you can find decent second hand glass from the top tier makers (Zeiss, Leica etc.) for that money then the one advantage is that it will likely always be worth what you paid for it. It is hard to beat zero cost of ownership.

Only you can balance up the priorities in all that.

If you want one of the German named but good price?

Zeiss terra ed are going for £300 if Google em ..... I had a look thru a pair of 8x42 .... I'd have a pair
Scott glass and Zeiss back up

Sorry £283 !
Zeiss Terra ED 8x42 Grey

Back