Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Americas' sprinkling.

  1. #1

    Americas' sprinkling.

    Does anyone else think it's a slack news weekend and the dusting of snow in USA is not as bad as they are reporting? Try living in Tomintoul for a winter if you want to see REAL snow....

  2. #2
    Could well be that Global warming we hear about Now Tomintoul that's a real winter brrrr. Have seen nothing in Sneckie ... So far.

  3. #3
    I caught my first salmon some where near tomintoul about twenty years ago incharory estate I think might be spelt wrong nothing really to do with the original post but rd you just brought back happy memories
    Jake

  4. #4
    So 19 dead is only caused by a sprinkling.
    A bit arrogant is this post I feel but then you are pumping them out eh!!!
    I had a few Michigan winters in my life and they can be no laughing matter.
    Martin

  5. #5
    You need to try living here in winter, we had a frost on three occasions, joking aside having seen what a ice storm in Illinois can do, Scotland is like the Bahamas .

  6. #6
    The ski centre at Tomintoul struggles to get snow cover every year. Snow is not very serious on this island!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    So 19 dead is only caused by a sprinkling.
    A bit arrogant is this post I feel but then you are pumping them out eh!!!
    I had a few Michigan winters in my life and they can be no laughing matter.
    Martin
    Nearly all were heart attacks caused by shovelling snow. Sad as that is i'd bet my bottom $ that the poor souls were not exactly super fit individuals like the majority of Americans are?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Nearly all were heart attacks caused by shovelling snow. Sad as that is i'd bet my bottom $ that the poor souls were not exactly super fit individuals like the majority of Americans are?
    I've just got back from the shot show and there is a restaurant in vegas that serves 20000 kcal burgers and there is a scale outside that if you are over 350lb you get to eat free ! there not really helping themselves are they......................
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    I've just got back from the shot show and there is a restaurant in vegas that serves 20000 kcal burgers and there is a scale outside that if you are over 350lb you get to eat free ! there not really helping themselves are they......................
    In Fremont street at the bottom end if I remember well. But the prime rib in the casinos is out of this world ummm!!!
    The news I saw said most deaths were caused by driving accidents, hard to call them that when all the authorities called for all drivers to do a stay at home till it was over.
    Martin

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Nearly all were heart attacks caused by shovelling snow. Sad as that is i'd bet my bottom $ that the poor souls were not exactly super fit individuals like the majority of Americans are?
    were they trying to get out, or into McDoodars

    the snow will be here soon enough, Washington first then us 7-10days later...
    Last edited by kimh; 25-01-2016 at 10:33.
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Browning Americas Gunmaker VHS.
    By RED-DOT in forum Other Items
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 20:00
  2. Panorama Americas gun addiction
    By MONGOOSE in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 11:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •