Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako 75 Keyconcept system

Sako 75 Keyconcept system

Does anyone have any experience of the Keyconcept bolt lock on the Sako 75. I understand the irrelevance of the system when a weapon is handled and stored appropriately but I'm close to buying a Sako 75 with the system fitted and wanted to know if anybody has seen the system interfere with the action when unlocked?

Thanks

Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Does anyone have any experience of the Keyconcept bolt lock on the Sako 75. I understand the irrelevance of the system when a weapon is handled and stored appropriately but I'm close to buying a Sako 75 with the system fitted and wanted to know if anybody has seen the system interfere with the action when unlocked?

Thanks

Bernie
    Bernie, I have a 75 finnlight and have had no trouble with the key, i don't use it I have never used it, never felt the need, and it does not interfere with the use of the rifle. It is just unneccessary, you can get a conversion kit to do away with the key concept if you want.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I have a sako 75 - secondhand. Like ( I suspect most used ones ) key was long gone. Never noticed any effect on functioning.

Not given it a second thought.

Enjoy!

What is it?

Sam
    The Uninformed
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post

Thanks

Bernie

I've seen it interfere with the system when the man and rifle have turned up to do a contract park cull but the key is still an hours drive away back at home!! On a serious note, it was Sakos little venture into pandering to the US market with obscure safety systems. Most people will agree that it is a waste of time but as long as it is locked in the open position and then its not a big deal. At the end of the day its still a Sako which, in my opinion, makes it a great rifle. JC

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    What is it?
    Sam

It was a system that allowed you to lock the bolt/action of the rifle with a key; this was to stop unauthorised use if you left your rifle lying around. I guess in the US it would stop your children from using your rifle if you didn’t use a safe, no real use in the UK in almost all people’s opinion.

ATB

Tahr

Thanks Tahr... That sounds... Stoopid

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Thanks Tahr... That sounds... Stoopid

Sam
    Sam

It was an attempt to make the rifle idiot-proof so far as safety - see http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...7/ai_58611044/

I think the fact that it was dropped says much about whether the idiots concerned were actually the ones who came up the idea in the first place.

willie_gunn

Like ft, never used it (after having a look to see how it worked), never had a problem. The only possible use I can see for it is to keep my FEO happy - most of our rifles are on both my and my wife's FAC except one (the Sako with said keylock thingy); if I used the lock, it could be kept in a cabinet she has access to with the rifles she can use. Apparently.

Andrew

Sold! The key is missing on this one as well. I was in the process of trying to source a replacement from GMK but if there are no snags then then there's no excuse, I'll just have to buy it.

Many thanks to all who replied.

Bernie