Thread: That's life

That's life

Out on Saturday morning, a lovely sunny spring like day, after a bunny or two with the .22 subs, 50 yards from back door came upon 2 munties 1M 1F, male stopped to look 25 yards away, female cleared off across the meadow. I stalked quickly round the next field as a practise and set the sticks up about 10 seconds before she came into the gap in the hedge at the end of the field. Would have been 2 easy shots with the right rifle.

On Sunday morning, dull, overcast and a bit damp, I crept out of the back door with the .243, stalked carefully up to the end of the meadow - and nothing. 2 miles later (all on foot as not keen on motorised 'stalking'), lots of lovely woodpeckers and tree creepers seen, a few roe and muntie tracks where I expected them but not a deer to be seen.

There is always next weekend.

ive got a peice of ground which i stalk for munties, its not crawing with them and the chances at them seem to be not that forth coming, my main focus for them is on the feed rides when the keeper trail feeds the pheasants and every time i sit there im surrounded by squrriels anything from 20yrds to 150yrds away and last time i even had 7 on the ride infront of me at one time, i desperatly want to get stuck into them and the pidgeons which come down with the .22 or even the hornet once the season is over but i just darent do it as i know i will see muntie after muntie

Quote Originally Posted by N1mr0d View Post
    Out on Saturday morning, a lovely sunny spring like day, after a bunny or two with the .22 subs, 50 yards from back door came upon 2 munties 1M 1F, male stopped to look 25 yards away, female cleared off across the meadow. I stalked quickly round the next field as a practise and set the sticks up about 10 seconds before she came into the gap in the hedge at the end of the field. Would have been 2 easy shots with the right rifle.

On Sunday morning, dull, overcast and a bit damp, I crept out of the back door with the .243, stalked carefully up to the end of the meadow - and nothing. 2 miles later (all on foot as not keen on motorised 'stalking'), lots of lovely woodpeckers and tree creepers seen, a few roe and muntie tracks where I expected them but not a deer to be seen.

There is always next weekend.
    Picked up some nv a few weeks ago and with it on the rifle but not zeroed went out for play.Watched one fox to about 50 yards away and another to about the same distance.Been back out 6 times now it's zeroed and not seen a thing��
    dave

Hi Dave, how's things? Which nv did you get?

ATB Lee