Thread: Hunting in Romania

Hunting in Romania

Hello

can anyone recommend a hunting outfitter in Romania for boar and possibly bear for the 16/17 season

thanks

Hi,I am just sorting out an October Bear Hunt in Romania for two guys. I am doing this through my Hungarian agent. Go it alone not great idea as they are not reliable ! Make an enquiry at www.boarguru.co.uk let me know what you are after and I can sort you out. Also several Boar trips to Hungary if you are interested.

I worked with a Romanian engineer at Tesla and he told me that the exclusive hunting that was enjoyed by the few in the Chauchescu era had metamorphed into mafia styled exclusive high priced hunting for west Europeans and Americans.
    So be prepared to lay some serious cash down.
    Martin

I have heard that and I do have a back up if it's above my budget

I would recommend Horia Sandhu from www.unforgettablehunting.com, he is a nice honest chap and can probably do a package to suit your requirements and budget.

In Romania the hunting rights are held by the state and leased on 10 year terms, as a lessee you have to comply with certain requirements one of which is to employ a certain number of gamekeepers. Lessees are not allowed to profit from the game but can sell hunts to offset their costs, every year quotas are set for each block based upon game counts and tags are awarded accordingly, very much as the North American System.

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian 1 View Post
    I would recommend Horia Sandhu from www.unforgettablehunting.com, he is a nice honest chap and can probably do a package to suit your requirements and budget.

In Romania the hunting rights are held by the state and leased on 10 year terms, as a lessee you have to comply with certain requirements one of which is to employ a certain number of gamekeepers. Lessees are not allowed to profit from the game but can sell hunts to offset their costs, every year quotas are set for each block based upon game counts and tags are awarded accordingly, very much as the North American System.
    I learn something new every day.
    I had just assumed it was still a lawless place judging by the histrionics of the press ref any Romanian migrants heading to the UK.

Thanks I'll give him a shout. I spoke to "boarguru" from here and am waiting for him to get back to me with a quote.

That link doesn't seem to work do you have another mean to contact him?