Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R Macleod's of Tain

R Macleod's of Tain

Afternoon all, I just wanted to say a big thank you to Gregor at Macleod's for super service and patience with advice, I couldn't recommend them highly enough should you need anything Blaser or otherwise!

Agreed. I got my Sako 85 from Gregor recently and he was great to deal with.

I always recommend Gregor, I have always had great service and quite a few bargains from him.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Gregor is always helpful and smiling when he is taking money from you! Agreed they are very helpful and have an excellent range of gear in the shop.

Couldn't agree more. Spoken with Gregor on several occasions. Superb friendly & prompt service.

Well I must be the odd one out, Gregor himself is very knowledgeable but I find his prices for equipment high. The price he quoted me for a rifle was a couple of hundred pounds more than the lowest price I was given.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Well I must be the odd one out, Gregor himself is very knowledgeable but I find his prices for equipment high. The price he quoted me for a rifle was a couple of hundred pounds more than the lowest price I was given.
    I never said he was cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    If you had told him that, I'm sure he would taken the opportunity to look at his pricing. Most folks do, as long as you can back it up and aren't taking the p*ss.

I've bought a rifle and a couple of scopes of him, all previously-loved, and found him to be very easy to deal with.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

His speed of service and customer care if anything goes wrong is excellent

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    If you had told him that, I'm sure he would taken the opportunity to look at his pricing. Most folks do, as long as you can back it up and aren't taking the p*ss.

I've bought a rifle and a couple of scopes of him, all previously-loved, and found him to be very easy to deal with.
    Believe me I haggle every time.