Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Something for the SD Bikers

  1. #1

  2. #2
    The term "knitting fog" comes to mind

  3. #3
    yeah ok bikes do free up the parking and have less wear and tear on the roads but bikers still use the road signs, road markings, traffic lights, want better roads ect and this doesnt come for free i personally am in favour of road tax going onto fuel then those who use the roads and/or pollute the air more pay more.

  4. #4
    Road tax !!!! Don't get me started
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

    BUY BRITISH !!!!

  5. #5
    SD Regular teyhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Posts
    2,330
    Blog Entries
    1
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Personally given that bikers make up 20% of fatalities and a growing percentage of serious accidents I would be in favour of increasing it to the same rate as cars + mandatory safety clothing + prison sentences if your caught with loud racing exhausts, doing wheelies on public roads and thinking that 30yds until the bend is plenty of time to overtake safely.

    Needless to say I haven't signed
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

  6. #6
    I see your point teyhan however as a 30 year motorcyclist with advanced training I can assure you the problem with the roads is down to lack of attention, at least the three people who knocked me off were paying f all attention. The cry always goes out "I didn't see you!" And my response if "because you weren't f'ing looking!"

    As for road tax, it should be on fuel, that way the polluter pays but that won't win any votes now will it.

    Please everyone one take a second look before pulling out as there is a curious problem with the human brain in that we tend not to see small objects travelling towards us (like motorcycles on a main road when you're at a side junction) even with the headlights and high vis.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    Personally given that bikers make up 20% of fatalities and a growing percentage of serious accidents I would be in favour of increasing it to the same rate as cars + mandatory safety clothing + prison sentences if your caught with loud racing exhausts, doing wheelies on public roads and thinking that 30yds until the bend is plenty of time to overtake safely.

    Needless to say I haven't signed
    Sorry I disagree ved should be based on weight on the road or on the fuel.And if someone wants to ride a motor bike with shorts, T shirt and trainers and not wearing a crash helmet that should be down to them same as seat belts, and jail for loud exhausts get a life

  8. #8
    Ridden bikes for 16yr, not one hiccup yet (kiss of death). Loud exhausts, have a word with yourself, that'd be every Harley and sport bike off the road, bang goes your road tax, safety gear, if you don't wear it you should have to pay your own hospital bills for being so Fecking stupid! Again, please look out for bikers we are a wee bit vulnerable on the roads, plus car drivers don't take kindly to losing wing mirrors when they cut us up or nearly total us
    "Eagles may soar, but, Weasels don't get sucked in to jet engines" Anon

  9. #9
    SD Regular teyhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Posts
    2,330
    Blog Entries
    1
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    Sorry I disagree ved should be based on weight on the road or on the fuel.And if someone wants to ride a motor bike with shorts, T shirt and trainers and not wearing a crash helmet that should be down to them same as seat belts, and jail for loud exhausts get a life

    I agree but if car users don't wear a seat belt they get a fine.
    Let's not forget that the reason seat belt law was bought in was because they were fed up with picking up bits of people involved in accidents.
    I lost a good friend through a bike accident. He wasn't wearing the correct gear and died because of other injuries, not because of the impact. There were just too many bits hanging off him.
    A good set of leathers, rated to the bike that he was using might have been enough.
    The biker that decided to overtake on a corner and hit my Nissan Navara head on had leathers on. Despite taking to the air and landing 20m behind me he survived. I refused to give the police a statement saying " he's trashed his shoulder, his wrist, has been air lifted to hospital, split his bike in half and you want me make his life worse. No statement."
    I don't hate bikers, who knows I might need a kidney one day.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

  10. #10
    SD Regular teyhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Posts
    2,330
    Blog Entries
    1
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by dom8328 View Post
    Ridden bikes for 16yr, not one hiccup yet (kiss of death). Loud exhausts, have a word with yourself, that'd be every Harley and sport bike off the road, bang goes your road tax, safety gear, if you don't wear it you should have to pay your own hospital bills for being so Fecking stupid! Again, please look out for bikers we are a wee bit vulnerable on the roads, plus car drivers don't take kindly to losing wing mirrors when they cut us up or nearly total us

    It has long been a dream of mine to find a group of bikers and as they pull up at a set of traffic lights to overtake and pull in front of them.
    I think it would hysterical and suicidal
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Similar Threads

  1. New on the SD
    By MrPopp in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-02-2015, 09:57
  2. Thank you SD
    By seanct in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 23-09-2013, 07:15
  3. New to sd
    By Mollys dad in forum Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 11:12
  4. Crazy bikers!
    By Philwilk in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 04:58
  5. new to SD
    By wellyboot in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 11:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •