Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brno Model 2E forend screw

Brno Model 2E forend screw

Hi folks,

Recently got a Boyd's rimfire hunter stock for my Brno Model 2E. Fits great only issue is the forend screw is just too short to engage. Anyone know where I can get a longer one?

KR,

Scrummy
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"

Any shop selling M6 machine screws.
    Do you know the exact length screw needed, I have a few in the bits box, genuine CZ ones that is.

Neil.

Neil, that's very kind and I shall have a look when back home. Currently working in Aberdeen...
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"

Because those darned metricated screws aren't very common in my area, I bought a M-6 threading die and screw our common SAE 1/4-20tpi screws into it. It recuts the threads nicely. I bought enough parts to assemble 12 Brno's but there were only 4 foreend screws in the LOT of parts~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Because those darned metricated screws aren't very common in my area, I bought a M-6 threading die and screw our common SAE 1/4-20tpi screws into it. It recuts the threads nicely. I bought enough parts to assemble 12 Brno's but there were only 4 foreend screws in the LOT of parts~Muir
    Muir, always amazes me how you guys over the pond insist on sticking to the Imperial measurement system

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I'm surprised to be honest, I know you lot will never admit the rest of the world is right, but with the number of metric bikes and outboard motors etc over there getting nuts and bolts should be easy enough, even Ace hardware carry all the common sizes, and for the less common there is always McMaster Carr, I'm sure there are more, but those crop up regularly on MC forums.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    Muir, always amazes me how you guys over the pond insist on sticking to the Imperial measurement system
    Maybe it is because they realise that the Metric system is not as good as it is made out to be. There is still a large number of special non standard pitches in Metric as the std one size fits all simply did not work also metric seems very loose on the threads. Replaced a lot of the fastenings on the MG that had gor rust on the heads etc with new Stainless during the rebuild and even new nuts on new bolts felt sloose and ill fitting but they say it's made to spec. The specs must be very poor. I do not remember the nuts and bolts being sloppy fitting like this on the old BSA C15 dad and I fixed up years back.

"We doan need no stinkin' metricks, Man! "
    In truth, we can get metric but I have heaps of SAE around the house and selection is limited at the hardware stores. To boot, a 1/4-20 x 1" long costs 11 cents. A M6 Metric of approximately the same length is 58 cents. One of the selling points of my Rokon two wheel drive motorcycle was that off the motor, there isn't a metric screw in the entire vehicle. If i lose a bolt/screw, or break one, I will probably have a replacement as near as my garage.~Muir

Through the forend screw in the bin. A lot of czs and brnos shoot better without it. If you want to fill the hole just stick an empty 22 case in and pein the open end over on the inside.

Interestingly, I think you will find the tenon thread on a genuine mauser barrel is an imperial thread. "Because it is th ebest thread for the job" I was told.

David.