Highseat Signs

geoffrey

Hi All i am in the process of building some metal high seats and was wondering where i can get some plastic DO NOT CLIMB signs they need to fit the rungs of the ladder so no more than 30mm deep could either be stick on or fixed with screws, any info appreciated.

many thanks. Geoff

If you google 'traffolyte labels' you may find a business that will be able to provide them cost effectively. This is what a lot of industrial labels are made from.

UV light will kill plastic signs very quickly even before the vandals have had a chance.
Do not climb is not enough info for strangers, they need to be informed that these are private property and the owner will not accept responsibility for accidents caused by ignoring the notice, then take a photo of each one that is installed on the ladder to prove to a court later that your health and safety obligations were complied with, better safe than sorry.
Metal signage is the only way to go IMO.
Martin

UV light will kill plastic signs very quickly even before the vandals have had a chance.
Do not climb is not enough info for strangers, they need to be informed that these are private property and the owner will not accept responsibility for accidents caused by ignoring the notice, then take a photo of each one that is installed on the ladder to prove to a court later that your health and safety obligations were complied with, better safe than sorry.
Metal signage is the only way to go IMO.
Martin

That's a valid point, Martin.

It may be worth getting some 3mm thick stainless steel plate laser cut. These can then be riveted to the rungs. May not be too expensive - £30-40 for a few.

Geoffrey, I could send you a CAD file if you want to get some made - Yorkshire profiles does a good job and are very resonable cost wise.

Thousands of plastic engraved tags offshore. Valve tags, electrical ID tags, all sorts of tags. I haven't seen any faded ones yet.

A highseat needs to stand there if metal for say 20 years.
Plastic will just not hold up.
I am an engineer working in plastic car interiors and bumpers.
Just look at an old Opel unpainted corsa bumpers UV eats them.
Martin

There`s one chap over here who go`s a different route he uses 6mm marine ply sheets as ladder blockers (cut to the same shape as the ladder) with two sheet metal strips bent into hook form screwed on along the top edge then it is just hung over the top rung of his ladder and a padlock is fitted at the base onto the last rung to make it immovable so he unlocks his ladder blocker when he will use it of course very quietly and just lays it on the ground and then up he climbs.
Paint them green?
Martin

We have plastic laminated signs on all our seats, usually last between 2 weeks -3 months before wind, rain and vandals have them away, I like the idea of laser cut signage, never thought of that!

Back