Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Moderator

Thumbs up Which Moderator

Hi all,

looking for ideas.

After always having T8 sound moderators I'm after something lighter for my sako 85 .270. My main concern is not going back to a lot of recoil which the T8 is excellent in reducing.

Any thoughts and suppliers would be much appreciated.

cheers

I'm picking up a DPT Duralium over the barrel mod tomorrow. 4 strippable baffles and can add more if needed. 260g, so superlight compared to the 640g T8. The bloke that imports them went to NZ with a Hardy on his rifle, and came back with the import rights!

£255 all in from my RFD
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I stick with stainless for the long service life. Burnt through an alloy mod in under 2 years so won't go down that route again. Currently use and MAE T12 and an ASE SL5, the latter being lighter than the T8. The SL5 is an amazing little mod. Very short and lightweight for stainless, very good noise and recoil suppression. Some don't like the width but it doesn't really interfere with the sight picture. The MAE is better made. My only gripe with the SL5 is that whilst it makes a sensible stalking mod (short, light, effective) it isn't a good choice for target because it heats up too quickly. String just 3 or 4 shots and heat haze starts being a pain. If I were to replace that one I'd either go with the ASE Jet-Z compact or the MAE T12 Scout.

Ive recently got a DPT sound moderator and my intial findings are good its well made and is finished superbly. I had an ASE Northstar before the DPT and theres not much in it for noise reduction but the lightness of the DPT is fantastic, you dont really no its there. The northstar was good but on the end of a 26ins barrel it made the rifle a bit unbalanced to say the least.

got a hardy 4 on the 6.5 happy with that and just about to try out the Wildcat EVOLUTION on the 280 ack

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    I'm picking up a DPT Duralium over the barrel mod tomorrow. 4 strippable baffles and can add more if needed. 260g, so superlight compared to the 640g T8. The bloke that imports them went to NZ with a Hardy on his rifle, and came back with the import rights!

£255 all in from my RFD

works well on my 7x64

I had a Jet Z cqb on my 22.250, have just gone back to a T8, cheers

+1 for the DPT. Fitted an over barrel type on my 308 was so impressed immediatley bought another for my 223 and about to buy another for the 22-250. Everyone i've shown them to have been impressed by the quality of finish and super light weight, you can add/replace extra baffles and next day delivery. Sound attenuation is also very impressive compared to my old T8's. What more do you want?

ATB Lee

Precision titanium- Simon Lawrence engineering

I also use a Lawrence titanium aurora - and couldn't be happier with it on my 6.5 it's super light about 300g and won't gas cut , it's also pleasing to the ear in terms of noise reduction when taking a shot