Pic rail Versa pod adapter

looks nice if a little pricey for what it is

Versa-Rail - Universal Versa-Pod and Picatinny Bipod Mount | eBay

anyone using one or anything similar?

was thinking of this:
    but its a bit permanent unless I cut and thread it for removal

this one looks good but is too low down if I was going to drill the stock

no one using a versa pod?

You just missed out, I think there was one of the Vertabrae types in the for sale section last weekend

I know!
    I PM'd him in case it fell through!

I use versa pod but why do you need a picatiny rail under the stock or this vertibrae thing , what's wrong with the standard fitting?

I dont really but there are very few non invasive options for fitting a versapod to a rifle that doesnt already have the fixture like the blasers do.

currently my option looks like this and its way too bulky, positions the pod far too far back and down

looking to position it forward of the end of the fore-end and closer to the barrel

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I dont really but there are very few non invasive options for fitting a versapod to a rifle that doesnt already have the fixture like the blasers do.

currently my option looks like this and its way too bulky, positions the pod far too far back and down

looking to position it forward of the end of the fore-end and closer to the barrel

I use one of these and quite like the handstop ... but the thing that annoys me is the push button sling release which occasionally self-releases. I dont think you can get round the position of the bipod unless you reposition the swivel further forward. Just a tap and screw job.

I use a standard rail mount for my Versapod on my 300 Blackout. I like it: quick on, quick off.~Muir

see no point in the handstop on a stalking rifle if I am using a bipod

I dont shoot off hand either standing or on elbows so it is just a big lump that gets in the way both in and out of the rifle slip!

what I want is this :
    but i dont have a blaser synthetic!

I got my versa pod years ago from jcampbellsmith on here and have been using it ever since. It came with a couple of different adapters one of which had been bespoke made for him by a local engineer, it is very slim but doesn't go as far forward as you would like. You could contact him or simply design your own and get a local engineer to make up or adapt the standard. This would probably be a little bit pricey but you would get exactly what you want.