Thread: Kuiu Clothing

Kuiu Clothing

Can anyone advise on kuiu clothing. Is it large or small fitting? Is it suitable for damp UK weather?

Use the search facility and should find previous thread, there is a member here who big advocate of it and has plenty user review so to speak , sorry but can't remember his name / forum handle .

Paul

Have a look at their sizing chart and grab a measuring tape. I followed their guide and my stuff fits well.
    I have the yukon jacket a few months now and find it a good jacket. It's light and is very breathable for a waterproof. You don't get that clammy feeling when walking.
    It is fine for walking in but if you are sitting in a high seat you will want to layer up underneath to suit the temperature.
    It has had one proper stress test. Almost six hours of driving rain in the wicklow mountains. It let some water in at the zip at my belly. Also had a dampness at the seam on my back. I have to stress that it was really bucketing down constantly.
    I have also got the ultra nx rain pant. It kept me dry everywhere bar my knees on that same day. This wasn't from kneeling, just walking.
    It's expensive gear and I was disappointed when I stripped down afterwards. But breathability wise it's great. To be fair I don't know if anything would have done any better on that given day.
    For me the jury is still out. I have to see how it stands the test of time before I buy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry hunter View Post
    I have also got the ultra nx rain pant. It kept me dry everywhere bar my knees on that same day. This wasn't from kneeling, just walking.
    I am interested in their pants (trousers) but it's the length that puts me off, 34'' waist.....34'' inside leg, so they can't be altered as they have full length zips.
    Cheers
    Richard

Looks very similar to the sitka hunting gear.

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    I am interested in their pants (trousers) but it's the length that puts me off, 34'' waist.....34'' inside leg, so they can't be altered as they have full length zips.
    Cheers
    Richard
    im same as you my attack pant in size 36 fit fine there a 34" inseam.

One thing to remember is that the rain jackets are cut to fit an insulation layer underneath.
    Even with this in mind, they can be worn on their own and do not look or feel to big.
    If you use there size guide you won't go far wrong. That was the advice given to me and I was slightly smaller than the size quoted but my jackets fit just fine.
    the Yukon rain jacket is a quality item. I've been out in heavy rain and when I got home took it off, gave it a shake and it was as dry as when I first put it on ! Amazing kit.