Thread: S&B scope query

S&B scope query

In the market for an S&B 8x56. Is there any difference in the newer Klassik Hungarian models in comparison to the older Hungarian models, other than the cosmetic surface finish?

Also, in addition to 30mm and 1 inch tubes I have seen these (s/h) described with both 25mm and 26mm tubes- is that correct or are the 25mm and 26mm tubes actually 1 inch?

thanks.

There are mainly 25mm (1 inch) and 30mm with the odd 26mm aswell but I doubt there's that many about

if you go for a S/H 25mm or 30mm whether it's German or Hungarian you can't go wrong , Hungarian seem to be slightly cheaper than German made scopes but no one has ever stated there's a difference in quality there both generally regarded the same

i I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post
    In the market for an S&B 8x56. Is there any difference in the newer Klassik Hungarian models in comparison to the older Hungarian models, other than the cosmetic surface finish?

Also, in addition to 30mm and 1 inch tubes I have seen these (s/h) described with both 25mm and 26mm tubes- is that correct or are the 25mm and 26mm tubes actually 1 inch?

thanks.
    The Schmidt Bender 8x56 is with out a doubt the best all round stalking scope there is, exactly the same components as the German just cheaper labour in Hungary!

Buy one, use it hard, abuse it hard andit will love you for it!

I am now on my second, sold the first and regretted it, i will assure you i will not make the same mistake again!

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Just put the calipers on my German S&B 8x56. One digital shows 25.47mm, another shows 25.6mm and a dial (imperial)caliper 1.004in.

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    Just put the calipers on my German S&B 8x56. One digital shows 25.47mm, another shows 25.6mm and a dial (imperial)caliper 1.004in.
    It is called a tolerance ............................. and they are used in ALL manufacturing. Only the scope (pun intended) or size of the tolerance varies according to what the part does.

The SB I use is over 30yrs old, still works as good as new.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..