quick load program advice

Stevie/P

I've developed a load for my .308 that is extremely accurate five shoot group bullet on bullet at 100mts. is there any one who can look up my data on quick load and advice me on velocity a energy that i might be getting. norma case cci br primer 43grn vhit N140. bullet sierra gameKing .308 150gr. spitzer seated 2.785 C.O.A.L rifle is sako with factory length barrel 570mm. just want to be sure that it's going to be deer legal before i start to use it for hunting.as i don't have assess to a chronograph much appreciated for any advice.

Last edited:
Supersport,

That looks like quite a "light" load

Do you have the case capacity in grains of H2O?

If not you are looking at approx. 2618 fps MV and 2282 ft lbs ME

Hope that helps

DT

Similar Results as Dorsettaff, Well within the legal limit and very accurate, sounds like a good load, cheers Geoff

sounds about 2600fps, should be fine, plenty of power, quite a light load , i go to 47-5 . if it works well, stick to it
cheers

i haven't measured the case capacity it's all once fired brass but thank you for the info 2282ft ib will do i'll crack on then appreciate. the help
Supersport,

That looks like quite a "light" load

Do you have the case capacity in grains of H2O?

If not you are looking at approx. 2618 fps MV and 2282 ft lbs ME

Hope that helps

DT

My Nosler manual shows that the most accurate powder tested for 150grn bullets was N140 and the most accurate charge was 42.5 grn giving 2645 fps.

Trouble is with manual velocities is that they often do not use normal production barrels but pressure barrels and as barrels vary it is very rare to get two the same.

Trouble is with manual velocities is that they often do not use normal production barrels but pressure barrels and as barrels vary it is very rare to get two the same.
To clarify, pressure barrels are made to exacting standards. It's production barrels that vary -and by comparison, the best production barrels vary considerably more than pressure gun barrels. Pressure gun barrels cost many thousands of dollars for each chambering.

It is of some value to note that while data derived from pressure guns may be done with hand loads, they are (usually) never operated with reloads. Ammunition is loaded to SAAMI/CIP spec using fresh brass prepped identically, and loaded. This one of the reasons that a person's handloads, made with, say, neck sized brass and the bullet seated out to the lands, often doesn't closely match the data provided by makers -even when barrel lengths and components are identical. The closer you get to factory spec with your handloads, dimension-wise, the more relevant the manufacturer's data may become .~Muir

I've developed a load for my .308 that is extremely accurate five shoot group bullet on bullet at 100mts. is there any one who can look up my data on quick load and advice me on velocity a energy that i might be getting. norma case cci br primer 43grn vhit N140. bullet sierra gameKing .308 150gr. spitzer seated 2.785 C.O.A.L rifle is sako with factory length barrel 570mm. just want to be sure that it's going to be deer legal before i start to use it for hunting.as i don't have assess to a chronograph much appreciated for any advice.

I use almost the same load for stalking in my Sako 85. Lapua brass and standard CCI primers being the differing factors, but with the same accuracy results. Chrono'd velocities are 2540fps from my moderated 20" barrel and I've never had a deer go more than a few meters.

If you'd like to run some over a chrono, you're welcome to use mine. Though the usual caveat applies - If you shoot it, you buy it. :)

Back