Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thermal spotter

Thermal spotter

After a thermal spotter. Fancy a new toy! XD38s preferred, but others might be considered.

Have you any info on the guide or flir? I am looking into one myself let me know what you end up with.

FLIR - expensive for what it is - poor refresh rate (9HZ) gives juddery video
    Guide - same spec as the Pulsar but more expensive
    If you can find an HD38S or HD50s, they are better value than the XD38S
    The XD and HD models use the same lens, sensor and display (and those are the important parts) - the XD has some fancy software bells and whistles that don't add anything to it's perfromance
    I did see someone selling new HD50S for 2195 the other day but I can't find the link.

Cheers

Bruce

I have a raytheon W1000 military thermal if interested. Can send pics if required

Quote Originally Posted by mealiejimmy View Post
    The XD and HD models use the same lens, sensor and display (and those are the important parts) - the XD has some fancy software bells and whistles that don't add anything to it's perfromance
    I did see someone selling new HD50S for 2195 the other day but I can't find the link.

Cheers

Bruce

Blackwood outdoor. What you reckon to the wt37 bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by mealiejimmy View Post

Cheers

Bruce

Don't the XD have a 50hz vs 30hz HD refresh rate?

Quote Originally Posted by jcf1 View Post
    After a thermal spotter. Fancy a new toy! XD38s preferred, but others might be considered.
    Speak to Paul at Scott Country, ask all your questions and try a demo for a week before you part with any hard earned cash, I did and very glad to have had the demo.

ATB WB

if pennies can stretch to it go for the 50, I've had mine a while now and its a decent bit of kit, well worth all the sobbing and hysterics when you pay for it, once you get over the initial payout, you'll wonder how you've done without one in the past.

I've got mine rigged up on a 12v tv screen in my truck, and absolutely nothing gets by from mice upwards you see them all, out on a lambing field it really gives you the edge on foxes.

good luck

Hi go XD 38S brilliant.

Don't the XD have a 50hz vs 30hz HD refresh rate?
    Yes, but you'll never tell the difference in real use situations
    Remember that when you go to the movies, the film is only playing at 25 frames per second (Hz)

Cheers

Bruce