Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir terry wogan

Sir terry wogan

Sad news !!.Sir terry has passed away
    R.I.P .

A very sad day and a big loss to us all.

Cancer again! Very sad.
    MS

Love him or hate him he kept me laughing on my long morning commutes for years RIP
    TonyC

Quote Originally Posted by penta View Post
    Sad news !!.Sir terry has passed away R.I.P .
    Many many people will feel the same. Huge personality and a magical host whatever Terry presented. Such humour and wit, a man that will remembered for a very long time.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by penta View Post
    Sad news !!.Sir terry has passed away
    R.I.P .
    Loved him on radio 2 telling Janet and John storys
    Always seemed lime a genuine happy go lucky person.
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by plonker View Post
    Loved him on radio 2 telling Janet and John storys
    They were hilarious!
    I remember a listener calling in from Royal Enfield one morning. "Oh, that's where the Queen keeps her chickens" was the immediate response from Wogan... It took my late Father and I a moment before we then collapsed with laugher in the car.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

classic British Witt
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

Definitely a character that I could not take to at all. Never liked either listening or watching him to be honest.

I actually though he was older that that as well. Not such a ripe old age these days at all.

SD Regular
    Definitely a character that I could not take to at all. Never liked either listening or watching him to be honest.
    +1. I'm sorry for him and his family. Cancer is not nice and seventy-seven is not that old. Although none of the me in my family live past seventy-nine so not unusual. Very sad when anyone passes prematurely.

But I just found his self amused broadcasting style tedious. Same as that awful Sarah Kennedy. My idea of hell is the back seat of a friend's car, stuck in traffic on the M6 going into Birmingham with Terry Wogan or Sarah Kennedy on the radio in full pomp. Now Steve Wright...that's always been and is a pleasure to listen too at any time of day.

Awful, awful, awful. Blackburn, Edmonds, Jimmy Young even. All were better presenters. Terry Wogan in the morning made one almost wish that one was congenitally deaf.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 31-01-2016 at 16:39.