Talk about Deer Numbers...

User00022

Besides the point that he is shooting an injured deer having watched some of these videos probably because they shoot most deer at 300 m... How b****y many deer are there in the one field...

Alex

Hi Alex,
I took over an area that had not been shot for quite a while and on my first visit I was seeing anything from ten to seventeen Deer in fields that ranged from 10 to 120 acres.
All Roe, I could not believe my eyes but once I took it on they all disappeared down to normal Roe numbers of 4 or 5 Deer per field.
I often joke with the Keeper that he must have 'Bussed them in' to make me take on the job ;)

Besides the point that he is shooting an injured deer having watched some of these videos probably because they shoot most deer at 300 m... How b****y many deer are there in the one field...

Alex

Get an accurate count in this and your doing better than me :lol:

I stalked a number of times in East Berlin just after the wall came down and the old communist farms still had zero grazed milking herds where silage and beet are cut on flat fields in the 200-400 ha mark.

I took a photo of a group of roe almost 50 strong, if you tried to get near them they simply ran into the next 400ha field as they could see you coming for miles.

I will look it out and try to scan it in and put in on this thread.

Neilaj - might bump into you again at leconfield one day!

Good spot Dan,

Jon unfortunately there is no syndicate at Leconfield so it is unlikely that I will see you there next season as a Gun, however I should have some more time now that I'm back in Sussex full time so will try and get up for a couple of days beating...

Also I notice there is a Kent/Sussex Border social but I'm sure there would be demand for a mid sussex one so when I finish Uni will see what the demand is would be good to catch up and have a drink...

ATB

Alex

Back