Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tnt no longer delivering firearms!

Tnt no longer delivering firearms!

Any of the rfd's on the forum heard about this?

Quote Originally Posted by mikewilliams View Post
    Any of the rfd's on the forum heard about this?
    They will do....but at CRAZY money. Read in T&G magazine that a RFD based on one of the islands was quoted 250.00 to get TNT to deliver a gun to the mainland.

Crikey! Don't know from where to where, but must've been cheaper to go for it yourself!

Do they deliver TNT?
    Martin

My rfd is seething as they have been told that ANY item going out of his shop is 40 plus VAT via TNT!! So if someone wants a pair of socks that's what it'll cost and their argument is that an order could get mixed up with a firearm component and they have had to pay for checks to be done on all their drivers so they can handle firearms! If anything needs RFD'ing on ticket it is now 55 this end!

Not sure how true it is but I've heard that one of the CEO's of TNT is an anti and is using it as a backdoor way of getting at the UK shooting fraternity!!

They are now looking into using Parcelfarce, which could get interesting!!

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Not sure how true it is but I've heard that one of the CEO's of TNT is an anti and is using it as a backdoor way of getting at the UK shooting fraternity!!
    I think a more likely explanation is just that this forms a very small part of their business but with disproportionate risk to themselves should they be held liable for a firearm going missing or delivered to the wrong person or stolen. So they're just de-risking their business. Which doesn't help us of course, but they really don't care about that.

This is an unfortunate knock on effect of Netherlands-based TNT having been purchased in December by US-based FedEx and therefore subjected to a pretty ruthless cost & efficiency review - it seems that the terms of the reduced cost firearms / ammunition shipping deal with the UK Gun Trade Association were perceived to be overly generous in comparison to the actual costs, risks and overall impact on the new merged company's core business, thus it was jettisoned without much in the way of notice or apology. Nothing to do with 'antis' embedded within TNT or FedEx - just 21st century multi-national business economics I'm afraid.

The UK gun trade is small and it's a sad fact that we just can't generate enough business to make it worthwhile for most mainstream logistics companies to jump through the legal and risk-management hoops required to support us.

On a slightly positive note, I understand that UK Mail is licensed to carry explosive materials and that a contract is being explored with them to carry ammunition shipments to and from RFDs and ParcelForce - for all their faults - are expediting new account applications from BASC Trade Member RFDs.

A.

Sharing this message from Diggory Hadoke:
    Here is the latest from the GTA with regard to the issues we have had over TNT changing their policy for firearms transportation:
    Members will be pleased to hear that the GTA has had positive meetings with Parcelforce who have agreed to act as a firearms transporter in the UK for GTA members. They will carry Section 1 and Section 2 firearms, low powered air weapons, imitation firearms etc. but not ammunition or dangerous goods (We are negotiating with dangerous good transpor...ters and will make an announcement very soon).
    Parcelforce will also carry all non-firearm items for members sending 100 items or more per year. These include accessories, clothing, footwear and other general items.
    Thanks to our constructive meetings with Parcelforce, a new RFD contract can now be realised within a few days (subject to account application approval and operational clearance)
    Initially the contracts will be on an individual basis between RFDs and Parcelforce, and there will be special rates for GTA members.
    To apply for a Parcelforce contract as a GTA member, please contact Hannah Carter by emailing hannah.carter@parcelforce.co.uk
    or call 0344 800 4466 Option 1, 5, 2 who will furnish you with all the necessary details.

************************************************** ********************************************

An alternative is BASC Trade membership (122 a year, which I understand is cheaper than GTA membership) which apparently includes a deal with Parcelforce
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Typical smoke and mirrors BS from the GTA!

We have been using Parcelforce to transport guns and accessories for at least fifteen years...as have Sportsman Gun Centre, John Rothery, RUAG, etc, etc....

Anyone can get an account with Parcelforce and ship almost anything.

As usual, BASC and the GTA promise 'benefits' for membership that you can usually get cheaper by NOT being a member.

Sorry for the rant, but it really pi55es me off when 'Organisations' falsely claim to have a got great deals for their members.

I'm not "trade" so thought I was helping. Clearly not... Oooops
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)