Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telescopic bipod

Telescopic bipod

Hi guys - I need some tips on a recommended brand of telescoping bipod shooting sticks.
    I don't like the tripod/quad jobbies and the homemade sets cannot be taken abroad as easily.

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Gabriel

There was a review of sticks on this thread: http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...light=knobloch

I use the Knobloch telescopic bipod and have done for the last 10 years. The downside is that they are not cheap: http://www.greenacresupplies.co.uk/Knobloch_Bi_Pod.htm. I have no idea why they are so expensive, but if worked out in price per stalk they are still pennies

There are more versions on the market now like Stoney Point and X3Mi, which you can find through Google. Others use them very effectively.

willie_gunn

Try BogPod, expensive but good.Deerwarden

Stoney point for me (might now be called Polecat?) JC

Stalking Gear UK (ad/link at the top of the page, or http://www.edgecom.de/index.php?main...roducts_id=138) seem to have the Knobloch tripod at 52.22. Guess you don't have to use/could remove the third leg?

Andrew

Is there anything wrong with Bushwear sticks?

About 30, and in realtree if your that way inclined

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Is there anything wrong with Bushwear sticks?

About 30, and in realtree if your that way inclined

Sam

Like with most things, you get what you pay for. In my opinion, if you are on a tight budget then get two hazel sticks/dowels/garden canes etc and a bit of inner tube. If you what something of a professional quality get the Stoney Point, don't really see where the mid-range stuff really fits in. JC

I use Hazel or B&Q. Why spend 60 or more on sticks? I want to know because if the difference is that much I might change.

thank
    Sa
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I use Hazel or B&Q. Why spend 60 or more on sticks? I want to know because if the difference is that much I might change.

thank
    Sa
    Sam i use the Stoney point bipod and they do just make life much easier they're quick and easy to adjust for shots from sitting to standing also if i want to shoot freehand i can put them right down and slot through one of my belt loops so they hang down my leg out the way,i even use them with my .17hmr now for rabbits in preference to my harris bipod i just wouldn't be with out them now.Make a good walking stick too strong and light but if you get some go for the three section legs as they are more versatile.
    Neil.