Thread: Rws rifles - does anyone have one?

Rws rifles - does anyone have one?

Seen a few for sale and I'm curios what they are like - are they branded RWS and made by someone else, and are they any good?

quite like my random euro-shooters!

I used to own an RWS model 89.

It is a re branded Howa same as the weatherby vanguard i believe.

Very solid, capable and accurate rifles, with a good reputation and many semi customs have been built on the actions.

Nik.

Thank Nik - was hoping it may have been something more exciting but expecting that to be the case! No doubt they would be decent rifles though.

will

My dad has got a RWS titsn 6. Very well built rifle and excellent accuracy. It shoots less than 1/2 MOA @200yards.

I doubt the Titan 6 is a rebadged Howa as it has 6 locking lugs as I understadnd it. It also has a typical European stock. Do not think Howa makes rifles with 6 locking lugs.

I had an 89 chambered in .22-250. It was light and accurate, fed easily and not fussy with loads. It was <.5moa with fed premium 43gr Speer TNT and <.7moa with PPU 55gr SP. Built by Howa which means bases etc can be bought easily enough as well as replacement stocks. Mine accounted for many rabbits and crows and even a few Muntjac.

I believe it was only the model 89 that was Howa. I have no idea who makes the Titan.

Nik.