Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stalking - How to Keep Fit

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

Stalking - How to Keep Fit

Generally I try to keep fit so I can enjoy my stalking, but according to this website I can stalk to keep fit:

http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...ed-hunting-a54

The good news is that for every hour of stalking I now figure I can drink 5.2 glasses of wine, or eat just over half a Big Mac

The bad news is that the days of me weighing 150 lbs are a dim and distant memory

The calorie counter is also interesting - nice to be able to look at venison specifically: http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...-i17347?size=2

willie_gunn

I think I was about 14 when I last weighed 150lb, and that was just a phase I passed straight through

Yeah, long gone are the 150lb days,be that again 6 month after my death!.When we are 6 days a week stalking in the highlands I put on weight!!Fat turning to muscle!More toned is what I get.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    More toned is what I get.
    Yer arse!!
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

I currently weigh 150lb

B*ll*cks my scales whizzed past 150 so fast I couldn't even see it.

According to the Dr's chart I should weigh 11st 2lbs however I weighed a little under that when I left school and you could count every rib and my hip bones protruded . No I am not tall either. I could do with moving some fat upwards and turning it into useful muscle but as Rangefinder observed when I got on the scales 11 stone or around the 150lbs mark went by in a blurr.

The doctor asked my my weight durign a visit a while ago so I told him and he didn't believe me so I repeated it and he said get on the scales so I did and they read just as I told him they would he still didn't believe it as I weigh far more than people think and yes I do need to get fitter .

Account Suspended

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Generally I try to keep fit so I can enjoy my stalking, but according to this website I can stalk to keep fit:

http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...ed-hunting-a54

The good news is that for every hour of stalking I now figure I can drink 5.2 glasses of wine, or eat just over half a Big Mac

The bad news is that the days of me weighing 150 lbs are a dim and distant memory

The calorie counter is also interesting - nice to be able to look at venison specifically: http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...-i17347?size=2

willie_gunn
    So those barber trousers wont be fitting you then

I have some of those speak your weight scales got on mine last week and it said for christ sake get off you fat bastward
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 20-05-2010 at 17:05.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprelous View Post
    So those barber trousers wont be fitting you then
    Hang on...I'm not overweight, just underheight!

I've got the same type of scales as you - last time I got on them the scales said "one at a time please".

Seriously though, when I'm not travelling for work I try to get out on the bicycle most mornings. I do about a 15 mile circuit, up before the sparrows fa*t. As well as keeping me fit(ish) it also lets me spy on the local deer population. My challenge when out in the morning is to see all three deer species around here (muntjac, roe, fallow). Typically I'll see all three once or twice a week. The only reason I cycle is because I once went stalking near Comrie and it almost killed me. When the stalker said "let's go back down the hill and have lunch, then come back up", I told him I'd skip lunch if he didn't mind. Ever since then I've sworn that I'll never be that unfit again.

willie_gunn

Im spot on for my weight just lucky im 8'3"

Prov