Recommend me a cap to keep the winter sun out of my eyes!

Co1

As above! For some reason I can't make my mind up on what to buy, so any recommendations appreciated.

There is a possibility I'm overthinking this!

I have a deerhunter cap, which, as with the one takbok has reccomended is waterproof. It makes a heck of a difference having a waterproof cap if you get caught in a shower, you have none of the unpleasantness of having to continue wearing a sodden cotton cap or face having the sun back in your eyes by taking it off.

I've got a Harkila pro hunter cap that you need a mortgage to buy. It's good, but you have to get the right size as its not the adjustable type. Also have an old Musto camo cap, not for all occasions of course but it has the drawstring adjustment and if you are out in Storm Henry or whatever you won't lose it. Bought my son a nice Musto cap for Christmas, waterproof, adjustable and has a small lanyard on the back that clips to the back of the collar so even if blown off, it's still there. Obviously from their sailing clothes lineup, but it's a suitable green colour and he really likes it. Reasonable price too. Have a search on the 'bay if that appeals.

Just bought the new Seeland waterproof baseball cap, about a tenner, very good for the price. Olive green too.

images

There is an alternative!:cool:
I've got the Harkila Pro Hunter cap, but they do fit a bit snug! Get a size bigger than you think you need. Very warm and waterproof as well.
MS

whats wrong with a army surplus bush hat or if really cold, a surplus cold weather hat.

Of course you could always by a tweed deerstalker

Am I over simplifying this? Buy x2 5 quid green baseball caps, put one on your head and one in your pocket/pack. when one gets wet, take it off and put the other one on.
Maybe it's just the fact I can't justify spending forty quid on a baseball cap, waterproof or not!

ATB Lee

You can,t just ask for a cap, a cap is a thing that grows with you, a work of art, a cap is more than the sum of a cap, a cap will need to mould to your head and may take years to train, it will need to fit before and after a hair cut, it will have a aroma all of its own, you must guard it from your wife, I have found that it is best to have a replacement cap just in case your favourite cap should get lost, it is best to start training the replacement cap well in advance of the loss of your best cap, even following this advice, the shock of losing your favourite cap will be disturbing

you cannot shoot with a baseball cap,
its for baseball
the scope knocks it off.
or you have to turn it back to front
you want a soft brim mil surplus hat
cheap and cheerful.
some hats are even "lucky"
yes souwesters are the only hat that stops water down your neck

Back