Thread: Vacuum Sealer Bags?

Vacuum Sealer Bags?

Anyone got any recommendations for decent vacuum sealer bags please? At the moment I have used JML ones and Lidl ones. The JML are definitely better (thicker and seal better) but I wonder if anyone has found any of similar quality but cheaper, such as the plethora on the 'bay?

The rolls are a much better way to buy them as there is less waste! Just cut them to the size you actually need. They are more adaptable for longer items as well.
    You could in fact vacuum pack a 5 metre snake if you ever shot one!
    They are less than 5 for a 6m roll here:
    http://www.fresherpack.co.uk/product...de_compatible/
    See you on Saturday?
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by karlbird View Post
    Anyone got any recommendations for decent vacuum sealer bags please? At the moment I have used JML ones and Lidl ones. The JML are definitely better (thicker and seal better) but I wonder if anyone has found any of similar quality but cheaper, such as the plethora on the 'bay?
    Try " bags of freshness" on evil bay, I bought a vacuum packer from them a couple of years ago and it's been great, they deliver quickly and the roll/bag material is lowest price I could find and good quality... I can vacuum pack a whole haunch with it quite easily.

ATB WB.
    Last edited by willowbank; 01-02-2016 at 21:44.

MS - sorry, my bad, I was thinking rolls and typed bags! I have been using JML rolls, they work out the same price as the link you posted so maybe they aren't such a bad deal?

I will definitely see you Saturday. I am not in a rush to get back so am free if you are still ok to show me around please once I have helped pack up.

Weschenfelder do decent bags, 200x200mm are a handy size, and use the rolls for the bigger cuts.
    Atb blue..

Try MK Supplies in Devon. They are a whole sale company suppling the butcher trade. I've started buying mine there in batches of 100, they do 3 sizes as well. All are very good quality compared to the ones on a roll that I brought form Amazon.

Try Lakeland, I use their 300mm wide rolls.
    Kind Regards
    Cranhill

I use 40m Vacuum Food Bag Rolls HUGE Savings Fast FREE UK delivery
    22cm wide rolls which you can cut to size.
    I have only used them for Roe and Muntjac cuts and they work for me. I have not not tried any other brand.

Tried a few, and "bagsoffreshness" are good quality and fast service.