Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New toy finally arrived

New toy finally arrived

So finally after 4 months of being messed around I've finally got my new rifle although not the original one I was after. So today I picked up a new howa 1500 270, after putting the scope and mod on I was surprised how heavy it is, something I'm going to put up with for now until I get a light weight mod, any suggestions ? Currently have a wildcat,
    Itching to go and zero it but due to being alittle house bound with suspected lymes disease, so that won't be happening for a few days.

Ive an ASE SL5. I like it.

The Lawrence precision mods are the lightest but they'll lighten your wallet a fair amount also.
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

Quote Originally Posted by rosco View Post
    So finally after 4 months of being messed around I've finally got my new rifle although not the original one I was after. So today I picked up a new howa 1500 270, after putting the scope and mod on I was surprised how heavy it is, something I'm going to put up with for now until I get a light weight mod, any suggestions ? Currently have a wildcat,
    Itching to go and zero it but due to being alittle house bound with suspected lymes disease, so that won't be happening for a few days.

Enjoy your rifle. I looked at the Howa but found it heavy and stretched a little further for a Browning X Bolt with an ASE SL5 mod.
    Got a call from the dealer today to say it had arrived so looking forward to picking it up at the weekend

Sorry to hear about illness. Really hope it isn't lymes disease.

i'm totally envious. I'm currently waiting for my variation to come through so that I can collect my Howa 1500 in .308, so have some idea how you feel.
    I have the ASE SL5 fitted to 'mine'. It balances well and does a lot to calm the recoil (although I have only put ten rounds through it zeroing the scope).

Hope you get the all-clear soon

ATB

Hardy gen iv - love em
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    Enjoy your rifle. I looked at the Howa but found it heavy and stretched a little further for a Browning X Bolt with an ASE SL5 mod.
    Got a call from the dealer today to say it had arrived so looking forward to picking it up at the weekend
    Hiya, My mate has the Howa in 270, and i've got to say, I do agree with you as regards the weight.......so, I bought an X Bolt in 270, it has the "newer" T8 on it, but still weighs in at just under 10lbs....almost as heavy as my Remy 700 243...with an older T8.....

Enjoy the rifle, I love mine, heavy or not...

Originally I was getting a mint condition. Parker hale safari deluxe which was lovely and light and looked traditional, got it screw clutch and sent to proof then the problems started and I was messed around for months, so howa was realy not what I was looking for but I needed a rifle asap due to being forced to sell my 243 by the powers that be( permit to posses run out and refused a new one),

The ase sl5 does seem to appeal to me, when my renewal comes up ile apply for a new mod,

As for the heaviness of the howa, I will just have to get used to it.

Well I suppose the parker-Hale Safari looked traditional that is until it was butchered by having the foresight removed and the muzzle threaded .

It no longer is traditional now is it?