Bbc

Again, here's the main sticking point clearly expressed: "These hunters will tell you it's to help conservation [...]. It is sickening that some people enjoy slaughtering animals just to show off the dead body on their wall at home."

It is about conservation, and it is also about enjoyment and wouldn't happen if hunters didn't enjoy it. As we tend to shy away from the second part of that statement and entrench ourselves in an insufficient position that cannot win the argument alone, we're backed into a corner. You need to embrace the whole picture.

Difficult, admittedly, but there you go.

Fed up of these bias one sided attempts of journalism. Tried to make a complaint next to impossible just kept going in circles. But what did I expect, it's the bbc

Purely coincidentally, I stumbled across this at lunchtime (it was linked into an article about evolution being shaped by man's activities, and the example was bighorn sheep); anyway here is an article that seems to recognise that hunting has a part to play within conservation, rather than being an out-and-out condemnation:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-34116488

Fed up of these bias one sided attempts of journalism. Tried to make a complaint next to impossible just kept going in circles. But what did I expect, it's the bbc

Is "Pay to Slay" a slogan used by the SCI? if its one made up by the journalist or LACS, then that (along with there being no comments from SCI themselves, though they may have turned this down) obviously put's this report into the biased category. Other than that they are just reporting on a publicised event, its hardly news that the general public don't like trophy hunting, but they have to fill the online pages with something!

Its worth voicing your concern though, have you tried this link?

BBC - Complaints - Complain Online

Bbc should stand for Biased Broadcasting C###s its disgusting that we all have to pay to fund this rubbish country file doesn't show anything but farming and sight seeing spring watch is so fluffy its a joke. Clarrisa and the country man isn't even shown on repeat still we have the archers on radio four

Id love to quit my license fee .... I hear folk doing it various ways but none sound " concrete" enough to do it legally
Only reason I don't stop it , is so I've nothing against me with regards to my certificates

its disgusting that we all have to pay to fund this rubbish

You don't "have" to pay - you choose to.

I haven't had a TV for over 10 years and don't miss it at all. Even when travelling (which I do a lot) I don't find any need to turn on the TV.

The only thing I miss watching is the rugby....

You don't "have" to pay - you choose to.

I haven't had a TV for over 10 years and don't miss it at all. Even when travelling (which I do a lot) I don't find any need to turn on the TV.

The only thing I miss watching is the rugby....

I would seriously miss the documentaries. I don't travel, only ever been abroad once and wasn't impressed, I live in the most beautiful country in the world and am quite happy to stay here. I like to see life abroad, but don't necessarily want to be there :lol:

It's worth listening to[/QUOTE]

This was great to listen to and very interesting about the evolutionary effects of hunting on trophy size.

Again, here's the main sticking point clearly expressed: "These hunters will tell you it's to help conservation [...]. It is sickening that some people enjoy slaughtering animals just to show off the dead body on their wall at home."

It is about conservation, and it is also about enjoyment and wouldn't happen if hunters didn't enjoy it. As we tend to shy away from the second part of that statement and entrench ourselves in an insufficient position that cannot win the argument alone, we're backed into a corner. You need to embrace the whole picture.

Difficult, admittedly, but there you go.

+1

I finally managed to buy a copy of the book I mentioned in this post, and in the introduction the author explains why we need to look into the whole picture: "I don't think any hunter gets up at 4.30am in January to redress the ecological imbalance". Well quite, so let's actually step up to this. Then we may be in with a chance.

Very true and even more so when you talk about foxing for example as you're not using the meat argument. Enjoyment is why we do it and that includes all aspects and I see nothing wrong with saying I enjoy hunting and shooting and would never try and justify it otherwise.

If I want to watch other channels I still have to fund the BBC yes I could watch no telly but in this free society to watch satellite TV I have to pay the BBC love a democracy

I finally managed to buy a copy of the book I mentioned in this post, and in the introduction the author explains why we need to look into the whole picture: "I don't think any hunter gets up at 4.30am in January to redress the ecological imbalance". Well quite, so let's actually step up to this. Then we may be in with a chance.

I don't actually "enjoy" the killing, but I do enjoy the outwitting something that's far better equipped than I am to both find prey and outwit predators, and it's not over until the job's finished.
I suppose to me it's proving who's at the top of the food chain.

Back