Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ttsx load data

ttsx load data

Hi lads , I am switching over to ttsx in my 25 06 , not being a wizard on the Internet and it not being in my reloading manual I am seeking advise on SD , does any one have a recipe for the above , currently using n160 and rl19 , also can I go off the bullet weight and use that info, ie would a 100 g gameking be the same powder weight as 100 g ttsx for example ( I think not due to size difference ) , thanks for reading , regards Arron

Heard a shed load about these barnes TTSX are they only available for homeload or do they come on factory ammo too? I'm new to ammo/ballistics so please excuse my ignorance.

Dom
    "Eagles may soar, but, Weasels don't get sucked in to jet engines" Anon

Quote Originally Posted by arron View Post
    Hi lads , I am switching over to ttsx in my 25 06 , not being a wizard on the Internet and it not being in my reloading manual I am seeking advise on SD , does any one have a recipe for the above , currently using n160 and rl19 , also can I go off the bullet weight and use that info, ie would a 100 g gameking be the same powder weight as 100 g ttsx for example
    you are going to have to work up and find the sweet spot for your rifle anyway but I would expect to be driving them a little harder
    they certainly are in .270

Quote Originally Posted by dom8328 View Post
    Heard a shed load about these barnes TTSX are they only available for homeload or do they come on factory ammo too? I'm new to ammo/ballistics so please excuse my ignorance.
    yes they can be found in factory ammo...but they are fiercely expensive and hard to find IMO
    I have some leftover Sako factory ammo that was a gift which has Barnes TSX
    Barnes market them as Vor- TX

Cheers bewsher
    "Eagles may soar, but, Weasels don't get sucked in to jet engines" Anon

Switched to these end of last year. Terminal performance is excellent. Use a bullet weight 20% lower than you normally would and drive them as fast as you can. Make sure you load them 60 to 80 thou off the lands. I have found them to be exceptionally accurate.

Sorry, can't help with load data, don't have a 25-06
    So much to learn and so little time left

Quote Originally Posted by arron View Post
    Hi lads , I am switching over to ttsx in my 25 06 , not being a wizard on the Internet and it not being in my reloading manual I am seeking advise on SD , does any one have a recipe for the above , currently using n160 and rl19 , also can I go off the bullet weight and use that info, ie would a 100 g gameking be the same powder weight as 100 g ttsx for example ( I think not due to size difference ) , thanks for reading , regards Arron
    Here's the Barnes data, Arron

http://barnesbullets.com/files/2014/...6Remington.pdf

I would think that N160 may be slightly fast for your 25-06. Maybe better off with N165 or the other recommended powders above.

Takbok , that's exactly what I needed , thanks for the input guys , many thanks Arron

Barnes available at Simply

Search results for: 'Barnes VOR-TX'

Prices very good too. I use the 308 variety - They don't list 25-06 though.

Barnes 25-06 loads are available at their website - see -

http://www.barnesbullets.com/files/2...6Remington.pdf

Ian

n160 is fine
    i use it in 100gr .270

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    n160 is fine
    i use it in 100gr .270
    100 grain 270, I bet that comes out of the end pretty swiftly!

3400 fps? How do you find terminal ballistics and meat damage? Do they run on a bit or drop to the shot?
    So much to learn and so little time left